SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
2,122 Posts
Re: need turbo diagram (kansanbrick)

Quote, originally posted by kansanbrick »
does anyone have a diagram or a 850 engine bay or turbo system goin from the turbo to the intercooler i need a picture so i can get some ideas for a fmic

I can probably help you when I finish my FMIC in 3-4 weeks

I could probably scan a crummy sketch of how I have it worked out but you'd be better off waiting for pictures. Look for my thread on here titled "things going on of late". Theres the FMIC in there eventually

· Registered
7,698 Posts
Re: (kansanbrick)

Originally it wasn't this way on 850's. Got changed for a number of reasons. I can think of 2:
1. Turbo hose coming over the engine causing considerable heat soak.
2. Freezing intercooler pipes in the older models in very cold climates.

Some over on volvospeed are running a reverse IC or RIP kit that puts things back to the way they used to be, but personally when I read about them, I really don't see the advantage.

I am constantly having to take the lower 90degree hose off and clean the oil out...it drips, though slightly...anyone else have this issue?

· Registered
636 Posts
Re: (MadeInJapan)

MIJ,

I have an oil build up at the base of that pipe/connector also.. but then again I need to replace my pcv system anyway. Ill let you know. I am going to experiment with some ideas on how to keep that oil away from that pipe and TB. I am going to try an Offy Offenhauser and see if that will curb even the need to change or clean the PCV system. ( with out enticing a CEL)

· Registered
7,698 Posts
Replaced my pcv system totally in Dec. Still get that oily lower pipe. Have read of a drilled hole with a nipple at the base of the intercooler to alleviate this but haven't found it on mine.

· Registered
1,302 Posts
Re: (kansanbrick)

Quote, originally posted by kansanbrick »
is it very difficult to remove the stock intercooler

it took a few hours.. only because i didn't know how, and my friend never worked on a turbo car, only n/a. but, just remove a few bolts, air dam, fan shroud, disconnect some wire harnesses, disconnect radiator lines (u may wanna drain ur coolant first and also plug the oil lines), and the ic/radiator piece should come up... i think the ac piece was supposed to stay there on the car, u may have to use a hanger wire to hold it in place temporarily.

Modified by steve s at 10:26 PM 4-10-2006

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.