SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've done everything to install an FM band switch (for my satellite radio) except figure out a way to power the switch unit. I calls for an "ignition accessory" power source and ground. I have the radio and the glove box out, and there's a thousand wires in there, I don't know where to start. It has a 2 amp inline fuse, so it can't draw that much current. What's a simple place to hook this up properly? BTW: it's a 2000 C70 HPT.<br>Thanks,<br>Steve

·
Registered
440 Posts
Re: Need to power a switch, should be simple?!? (98whiteC70HPT)

Use the one on the radio, yellow w/violet stripe. True ignition wire for is also off the key cylinder green w/yellow stripe.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, MKC70, got the power from the Yellow/Violet. However, I'm guessing I didn't ground it properly/good enough. I'm getting some engine interference where the whining matches the engine speed. I just hooked the ground wire to a metal bracket above and to the center of the glove box. Do I need to ground it better, and if so where?

·
Registered
440 Posts
Re: (98whiteC70HPT)

Did you use the radio ground or just go to the chassis? One thing with satellite radios is to make sure all the plugs are in all the way on the unit. They almost always have engine noise when this is the case.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Don't know which is the radio ground. As I said its on a metal bracket, so it's a chassis ground. Where's the radio ground? Is it one of the wires in that same harness with the power?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Re: (98whiteC70HPT)

You can try geting a noise filter you can get at any radio shack to connect to the ground

1 - 7 of 7 Posts