SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm going to paint my 17" titan rims, but i can't find the name or color code for the grey paint. can anyone help me?<BR>thanx

·
Registered
136 Posts
The grey is Anthracite - and no, you can't get it from a Volvo dealer.<P>I managed to get some from a "visiting van" dent repair guy, which I hope will be a better match than my attempts to mix it up from a couple of touch-up tubes.<P>BTW, he said that even if the paint's an accurate match, it won't look the same unless it's sprayed on rather than brushed.<P>Moral is, don't kerb your wheels!

·
Registered
999 Posts
There are a number of tires that have rim-bead protectors, that won't break the bank. I run on Yokohama AVS db tires, and have used AVS Intermediates. Both have a rim protecting bead. I like how they handle, but don't see many folks running Yokos around here.<P>

·
Super Moderator
39,217 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by javadoc:<BR><B>There are a number of tires that have rim-bead protectors, that won't break the bank. I run on Yokohama AVS db tires, and have used AVS Intermediates. Both have a rim protecting bead. I like how they handle, but don't see many folks running Yokos around here.<P></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>So you like the Yokohama AVS dBs? I heard many good things about them and their cost is not high. How many miles have you had them for? Are they really quiet? Howabout handling around the curbs or over bumps?<P>Yannis<BR><P>

·
Registered
999 Posts
Well... I had run AVS Ints on the car, and on my GTI as street tires, and A008s on the track. Anyway... I thought the AVS Ints were about 98% of the grip of the '8s on the GTI, just that they had tread. I ran some back-to-back runs at a Solo event a couple of seasons ago, to get time diffs b/w the Ints and the A008s, and there was a 1sec difference on a 80sec track. Basically, I'd describe the Ints as A008s for the rain, if you're daring. When the AVS Ints wore out on the Volvo I wanted something that I could actually drive on damp streets and the reviews for the 'dbs were really good. I'd say the AVS db tires are 90% of what the '8s were so, a notch below the AVS Ints. The ride and sound is supreme, imho... much quieter than the Ints were. I have 6k on them from last summer and the little rubber nubbies that come on new tires are still on the tires. I figure I'll get 30k on them, which is many summer seasons for me. I haven't kerb'd the car... don't plan to either, but glad the rim protecting bead is there. Sorry, long, winding post.<P>/javadoc... my webserver puked (gd IBM drives) so no sig.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts