SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, first post. I have been browsing for awhile and reading through the threads and the stickies, etc but still feel like I have quite a few areas I'm unclear on.

What we are considering is a 2012 S60 with a Sept pickup in Gothenburg. What I'm trying to get info on first of all is pricing. Is it accurate to say that for a custom built car the pricing is set and non-negotiable? Also on the official website it looks like options are listed at MSRP unless I read it wrong which seems like a pretty bad deal. Also are there lease options for OSD? If so how are money factors and residual values, etc calculated on OSD vs the same model leased the traditional way? I understand there is a (limited) list of inventory of pre-built cars that can be purchased in teh OSD program and I'm assume there would be greater discounts associated with this inventory. Where can I see a this list? And again, is leasing an option on these vehicles as well?

Anyway, any help with these questions would be very much appreciated.

Kevin in SoCal

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

If you would like to receive your new S60 in Sweden this September your order needs to be submitted soon.

The Volvo Overseas Delivery Program is designed to be a simple No-Haggle / No-Hassle way to buy a Volvo from the factory and receive a great European vacation for two at the same time.

The price is the price.

In addition to the savings off the US MSRP you receive two free round trip airline tickets to Europe, one night's hotel stay (if you take delivery in Goteborg, Sweden), and no European rental car expense while you are driving your new Volvo on your trip. And when custom ordering an Overseas Delivery Volvo you may select exterior colors and individual options not offered with a regular US Volvo purchase.

Unfortunately leasing is not available for a Volvo Overseas Delivery car. The purchase is either a cash or finance transaction.

There are some pre-built Overseas Delivery cars available. Some of these have addtional savings. If you would like a list of the pre-built S60 cars please send me an email. My address can be found in the link below.

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

If you would like to receive your new S60 in Sweden this September your order needs to be submitted soon.

The Volvo Overseas Delivery Program is designed to be a simple No-Haggle / No-Hassle way to buy a Volvo from the factory and receive a great European vacation for two at the same time.

The price is the price.

In addition to the savings off the US MSRP you receive two free round trip airline tickets to Europe, one night's hotel stay (if you take delivery in Goteborg, Sweden), and no European rental car expense while you are driving your new Volvo on your trip. And when custom ordering an Overseas Delivery Volvo you may select exterior colors and individual options not offered with a regular US Volvo purchase.

Unfortunately leasing is not available for a Volvo Overseas Delivery car. The purchase is either a cash or finance transaction.

There are some pre-built Overseas Delivery cars available. Some of these have addtional savings. If you would like a list of the pre-built S60 cars please send me an email. My address can be found in the link below.
Very well put plus do not forget that insurance for the first 15 days is also included! :cool:

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
Hello all, first post. I have been browsing for awhile and reading through the threads and the stickies, etc but still feel like I have quite a few areas I'm unclear on.

What we are considering is a 2012 S60 with a Sept pickup in Gothenburg. What I'm trying to get info on first of all is pricing. Is it accurate to say that for a custom built car the pricing is set and non-negotiable? Also on the official website it looks like options are listed at MSRP unless I read it wrong which seems like a pretty bad deal. Also are there lease options for OSD? If so how are money factors and residual values, etc calculated on OSD vs the same model leased the traditional way? I understand there is a (limited) list of inventory of pre-built cars that can be purchased in teh OSD program and I'm assume there would be greater discounts associated with this inventory. Where can I see a this list? And again, is leasing an option on these vehicles as well?

Anyway, any help with these questions would be very much appreciated.

Kevin in SoCal
Kevin,

William above, summed it up very well plus I would encourage you to search around this forum and read up on all the great experiences many have had; it is a tremendous way to buy a new Volvo!

·
Registered
16 Posts
The other way you can save money using OSD is by purchasing options a la carte rather than in packages. That way you get exactly what you want and nothing you don't. You can't do that when you order a car from home.
Sharon (3 weeks til my OSD)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
40 Posts
An additional savings is that you will not pay the dreaded "destination" charge, and Volvo will ship you car home for free. Add an additional savings of $800-900 off prices that "dealer' customers must pay.

And there are some colors that are available only in Europe that you can get through OSD. I got a passion red c30, that here is only available on the R model.

You can find the prices and options available here http://flyvolvo.com/C30MY13.pdf

·
Registered
110 Posts
The whole program is almost too good to be true! I felt sure I was being taken for a ride(no pun intended). But after picking up my car in Oct/2012 and having wonderful memories of an European vacation, I realize it was a dream come true. Now, I'm driving my favorite vehicle and have fallen in love with everything Swedish.

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
I, too, had concerns that the program seemed too good to be true.

Options are priced at MSRP but there is a discount on the car. I took advantage of the ability to avoid packages and get individual options (heated seats) which results in some savings.

The other posters neglected to mention airport/hotel/FDC transfers, factory tour, museum tour, free lunch, and a great experience at FDC.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Full tank of gas at FDC...return empty. Worth at least another $100.

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
I'll find out today if my dealer will also fill the tank (in addition to FDC).

·
Registered
59 Posts
Did they fill the tank???

·
Registered
257 Posts
My dealer filled the tank.

·
Registered
7,476 Posts
I think - they should have. Volvo pays a dealer for the standard pre-delivery prep. The car should be washed, all fluids checked and topped, etc.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Excellent news--just another example of the saving with an OSD!

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
They did not. But then again, my salesperson was out and I got to meet with the paperwork guy instead.

I'm happy to have it and they did a good job with the trailer hitch install.

·
Registered
6,707 Posts
Let's not forget the pleasure of driving your new car in a proper enviornment, and not on $hitty American roads. I highly recommend stretching your Volvo's legs on the Autobahn.

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
flybynight: I got my S60T5 up to 130 MPH (213KPH) on the Autobahn. Unfortunately, that's where the car is LIMITED; there was plenty of throttle, RPM, engine capacity, and tire rating left.

The Autobahn was one of the "must do" items on our list; the last time I drove there, we were in an Opel GT Wagon that I got up to 100MPH/160KPH topping out the engine.

·
Registered
59 Posts
After we put a few miles on the engine, we'll hit the autobahn. After all, we'll be in Germany for 3 weeks. To quote Goose in Top Gun, "I feel the need... The need for speed!"

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
I think when I picked up my 2007 XC90 OSD they told me I could drive as fast as I want but recommended not exceeding 4,000 RPM in the first (I think) 1,000 miles. I had no problems going 80 MPH and it was in 6th gear ... the issue came when you wanted to pass someone going slower and the tranny wanted to down shift one or two gears.

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
FDC didn't tell me *anything* about speed/RPM restrictions during delivery in April (2012) and there is *nothing* in the manual about break-in.

I had a few hundred miles (close to 600 KM) on the car before getting up to top speed. I did *not* mash the pedal to figure out the 0-60 or 0-100 or 0-MAX speed times.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts