SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:mad:Ok I am finally fed up with driving my S60R jack rabbit. I installed TME springs on my 04 S60R a year ago and the rear is still way too high almost looks the same as stock. The front looks great, has anyone cut there springs, if so how much did you cut off? 1/2 coil or 1 full coil?

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
You did the SUM recal right?

Cutting the springs should be simple enough, just mark where you wanna cut and pull out the sawzall :D

·
Registered
491 Posts
I have not done this but if I did... I would cut half a coil first, see the results and go from there.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
:mad:Ok I am finally fed up with driving my S60R jack rabbit. I installed TME springs on my 04 S60R a year ago and the rear is still way too high almost looks the same as stock. The front looks great, has anyone cut there springs, if so how much did you cut off? 1/2 coil or 1 full coil?
When I cut my springs I cut just under 1/4 coil, put it all back together and drove it for 100miles, then cut just a hair more. But every car is different. Cut less than you think you need. You can always come back and cut more.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Rear tme springs are progressive. Is it really so good to cut a progressive spring? A linear one is simple (as in front), it just gets shorter and a little bit harder.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
The other issue with cutting a spring is that most of them have a specific seat where the end of the coil stops to reference the position. So to keep that, you would need to cut an entire coil off. Unless the top and bottom seats can rotate 180 without changing the mounting points etc. I haven't done the rears yet so not sure how it's set up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts