SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,734 Posts
Something white. These cars look incredible in that color and it was never available (it should have been!)

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
That's a really big range. Have you at least narrowed it to a family of colors or type of finish? Do you want metallic, non-metallic, or ColorFlow? What is your favorite color? Do you want to make a bold statement? Or be subtle?

Color choice is a very personal and subjective thing. Choose wisely.:D

Also, I wouldn't just choose a color and go with it. Choose several that really speaks to you and get as large a sample color card swatch as you can get to see the lighting effects in real life.

And with your nordkap interior, I would stay away from reds and greens. I would also stay away from grays and blacks because it's not exciting and close to your silver already. I'd consider Sea Breeze Blue, Intense Blue, Frosty Blue, Brilliant Blue, or Magnetic Burst, (pretty much any blue) and maybe even the Light Pistachio (looks like it has a hint of blue or borderline in that green/blue family). I can see orange or yellow family complimenting the blue interior, but may be too bold. But like I said, it's all personal and subjective.

·
Banned
1,958 Posts
I would do the Venetian red metallic that came on the '99 V70R. That with gunmetal wheels. Or a bronze wheel.

·
Registered
17,406 Posts
WHITE. NOBODY has a white R (well, there was one that was being done in a wrap but I don't know if I ever saw final).

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's a really big range. Have you at least narrowed it to a family of colors or type of finish? Do you want metallic, non-metallic, or ColorFlow? What is your favorite color? Do you want to make a bold statement? Or be subtle?

Color choice is a very personal and subjective thing. Choose wisely.:D

Also, I wouldn't just choose a color and go with it. Choose several that really speaks to you and get as large a sample color card swatch as you can get to see the lighting effects in real life.
Seeing as this will be my first wrap I’m leaning towards metallic and non metallic and away from the color flow. I don’t want to be to crazy with the colors but I’m not scared of purple ya know?

As for the white suggestion I really like how it would look in white but mentally I’m like if I am going to spend the money I might as well get a color? Right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Seeing as this will be my first wrap I’m leaning towards metallic and non metallic and away from the color flow. I don’t want to be to crazy with the colors but I’m not scared of purple ya know?

As for the white suggestion I really like how it would look in white but mentally I’m like if I am going to spend the money I might as well get a color? Right?
I'm kinda digging that Rushing Riptide Cyan/Purple. I also like the more subtle satin metallic purple.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Yeah, that is one clean and good looking white R. Can't argue with that. I still miss and prefer my flash green metallic and atacama interior.

·
Super Moderator
8,734 Posts
I love the look of this but again i dont know

S60R Magic Blue to Pearl White - Vinyl Wrap
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sh...peed.com/showthread.php?t=375385&share_type=t

Ah yes, that was the one.

I can so totally relate to that way of thinking! LOL

·
Registered
17,406 Posts
I do remember that car and looked for it at lunch but couldn't find it.
I watched that video too, so I guess I didn't remember seeing the finished product.
I guess a gloss white! Is pearly an option?
Here is a video featuring that car.

I guess if I were to pick a white which one should I pick??

https://youtu.be/Jc__9KpuWKA

·
Super Moderator
8,734 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
I’d say saffron for the reverse Sonicama. It’d be a Saffrokap! If I ever wrap mine, that’s what it’s going to be

2007 V70R Ti Grey Nordkap GT, 2008 C30R-Design Black M66

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Purple Metallic...

Sent from my BBB100-1 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 20 Posts