SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Volvo V50 T5 AWD M66
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need to replace my belts and tensioners but my sticker is missing and I can't for the life of me find the stamped number on the block. Is this something I can call my dealer for or is it's available through VIDA? If it is available through VIDA can I provide somebody with my VIN to acquire this information?

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
I don't think so. My engine and trans. serial do not show in VIDA from the VIN.

The SN is laser etched on the back of the block (part closest to the firewall) on a little rectangular section that is where the head meets the blocks.

It may be dirty, so try wiping down some corners.

What's your chassis number?

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Assuming you mean vin which is YV1MJ682172326048.
Oh, 326048?

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's in VIDA but I don't think illegal copies will show it.

Your engine serial number is: 4124448
Thank you so very much kind soul.

·
Super Moderator
9,305 Posts
I think this is because the information is stored in the Volvo database, so you need a Volvo login to access it. Other info is stored in the car (CEM) itself.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Does it show up in the "Vehicle Details" section under "Total Distance"?

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Can someone with VIDA tell me the engine number for VIN YV1MH672082375515

·
Registered
757 Posts
The number also appears on a sticker on the belt cover and stamped into the block on the back right side. Neither is visible from the open hood. Either would be visible with a borescope (which are pretty cheap these days).

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Thank you but are you sure about that number, i cant find any parts with that engine code.

Edit: FCP says
"Up To Engine Serial Number -4293284"
So im good than right> i was looking for an exact match

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
i guess im confused as to which is which, or which determines what tensioners i need.

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
i guess im confused as to which is which, or which determines what tensioners i need.
Get under there with your cell phone and take photos.

IIRC only the tensioner for the alternator is different between engine styles, the one between the crank and AC is standard across the board, correct me if I'm wrong.

Easy to stick your phone up there under the alternator adn take photos - iirc there's a long and and short one. see which one you have.

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
The difference is the number of pins the tensioners have on the back - 1~2 - i just dont know how to tell which ones i need.

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Thank you!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts