SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Out on Cape Cod and my sister in law's 3.2 XC's tires are cording (don't ask how it got this bad). Need to get some replacements before she heads back to CT but my options are fairly limited since a) this is Cape Cod and b) we're in the off season and it's somewhat like a ghost town.

I see three options, but am open to other options I may not be seeing.

Currently the car has Bridgestone Dueler H/L's. She doesn't have any complaints about them so option 1 is to replace with the same. Would take two days for the tires to get here.

The Continental TrueContact (http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...oYear=2009&autoModel=XC90&autoModClar=3.2 AWD) seems like a decent option, but reviews are limited. I can get these installed later this afternoon. Also has a 90k tread warranty.

Nokian WRG3. This is the option I am leaning towards as it would be the option that I would put on my personal car. Can be here in 2-3 days.

So, what would you do? Anyone have experience or insight to the Conti? Was going to opt for the Conti ExtremeContact as it is what is on our XC and I don't have any real qualms with it, but they don't make the tire in the 235/60/18.

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
838 Posts
Good Morning, I had the Conti on a Subaru I traded in for my S60. They are good tires, but a bit noisy. I'm not too sure I would buy them again. I would go with the Nokian Tires. I purchased them and installed them on my S60. you can find them on tiresbyweb.com I purchased the Nokian eNTYRE 2.0. Love them.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Winters coming and she lives in the northeast.. I pick the tire with the least treadwear warranty. I've always had good luck with nokians.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts