SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off let me give you the story of how this all came to be. <p>My father volunteers at the Crawford Peace house doing odd jobs around the place. A man came by one day and offered to donate his 1991 740 wagon to them. The owner had stated that about a month prior he ran over a piece of fence wire in the road and it got wound up under the car and damaged some stuff. The owner said he had a shop repair everything including the pump wireing. They accepted the car a few weeks ago and it was towed to the house. My father is now stuck with trying to get this car running and has no exp. with volvos.<p>I was down in Texas a week or two ago, while there I went up to look at the car to see what the deal was. I figured out quickly that it is not getting fuel. It does some times but not others. I think its in the electrical side because of how there is pressure some times and nothing others. It will run at around 300rpm when you cover the intake with your hand and start the car, because it is sucking fuel out of the fuel rail, it also runs when you spray carb cleaner in the intake.<p>I have not worked on a Volvo in 7 years and I know the relay is a common issue but I forget where it is in the car.<p>So my questions is does anyone have a good wire diagram I could e-mail to my dad?<p>Is this a two pump system, (one in the tank and one on the outside)?<p>Any one have any tips or anything that might help my dad with this?<p>The car has the 4 cylinder with an auto trany. I don’t have much other info. If more info is needed please let me know. My e-mail is [email protected]<p>TIA<BR><BR>
<i>Modified by Jason_Reuben at 11:38 PM 5-27-2006</i>

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Re: Need the help of the experts. (Jason_Reuben)

If the car has a square ignition coil on the drivers side it has a regina injection system and only has a fuel pump in the tank.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts