SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car is a FWD 2006 S40 T5
Alright Guys im new to the volvo world but not new to racing and tuning cars.
Im trying to find maybe a local member who has the capability of reflashing the ecu to max out the vehicles stock components such as, turbo, fuel and timing maps etc.
Pretty much looking for 15psi or whatever I can get the boost before its just blowing hot air. Id like to get pretty close to maxing the stock fuel maps out but still be conservative on the timing and the AFR's.
But what I am wondering is if I can find someone who has the software that can do it, Which btw would be amazing, or an individual who can lead me in the direction to download the software and obdII connection to allow me to tune my volvo myself as I am very exerienced in tuning vehicles. I am askng this because yes volvo is an expensive car to own but to pay $1000 for a reflash from I cant remember there name I think its IPDUSA or something is kinda rediculous when I can pretty much buy and standalone system for the same price. An then I could do it myself. I have access to everything I need to do my own tuning such as widebands, egt's, and boost. Im not sure yet on what the stock fuel system can handle power wise, Because I was also thinking maybe upgrading the turbo Compressor wheel to maybe a 16g if the fuel system allows it. Please anyone with information help a brother out. It is a whole lot harder to get information regardin volvo's and performance.
Thanks guys regards
Paul

·
Registered
279 Posts
I don't think it has gotten to that level yet of backyard mechanics flashing our ecu's.
We are kinda stuck with this BS download our tune file and send it via e-mail to a "tuner".
I am not 100% sure, but i think our vin is encorporated in the tune file.

Any chance you came from the DSM world?

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
As far as I know there are no other alternatives, yet. As yes, the tune is married to the VIN #. You have, MTE(IPD) Autotech(Elevate) RICA( EST and VIVA) and BSR all internet tunes. You'd have to have a custom wiring harness made to run a standalone, e.g. ViPEC. And I agree, it's ridiculous, your kind of at the mercy of a pretty generic tune that only takes a few things into account.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah jeez is there any other venders besides IPD that does tuning for newer volvos, it does say they are better then there competetors, so who are they lol, just trying to find the least expensive tuner.
\

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh an haha just saw the dsm comment, an yes I own 3 of them 2 of which are in the 10s, which I geuss is why I have this menentality to do basic upgrades that the car is hidding. Also being on such a conservative tune.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
yeah jeez is there any other venders besides IPD that does tuning for newer volvos, it does say they are better then there competetors, so who are they lol, just trying to find the least expensive tuner.
\
Umm, look above, I just listed them all. Wait for a group buy you'll save quite a bit.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah sorry just realized and started looking them up, how often do group buys happen, Im gunnna make my own turbo kit and exhaust then get the tuning software an be done. with my volvo im not trying to make big power to were I have to worry about breaking parts Id just like around 300-320 an call it a day. I already have cars that do that lol. oh and its pretty awesome there seems no need for fuel upgrades which makes things much easyer.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Oh an haha just saw the dsm comment, an yes I own 3 of them 2 of which are in the 10s, which I geuss is why I have this menentality to do basic upgrades that the car is hidding. Also being on such a conservative tune.

Haha, funny I could tell just by the way you talk in your post.
I have one all built up aswell. I had the same mentality coming into the volvo world. Unfortunatly the volvo owners do not seem to be as crafty and the limits of these cars have not really been tested 6 ways to sunday like the DSM's.
Best of luck :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts