SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this has been visited a thousand times but I need some well spelled out help on this. I am completing my turbo rebuild and have lost track of some vacuum routing. Primarily these:

The nipple at the fresh air hose down by the two pcv hoses, just to the right.

More importantly, just downstream of the throttle body. There are several connections on the manifold. Also a black hard line that goes along the fuel rail and emerges here.

I know there are some check valves involved as well. All these hoses are about 3/8 size, I just can't find any OBVIOUS images online.

I suspect the first hose connects at the manifold here and that the black elbows in here as well but that leaves 1 more to deal with.

Thanks much for any help! I am seriously near the end and peaved that I can't make sense of the diagrams online. :confused:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I do have them connected but I know it's not correct. Is there a "T" included in the 3/8 lines?

The hard line that emerges from the fuel rail is now elbowed into the tb, I think that is correct.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have looked at the diagram(under hood) and various other iterations of it. The issue is that I cannot necessarily identify the parts in the diagram. I think also, the person who put the car back together prior to me owning it, got it all wrong and may have "improvised" somewhat. The car did have a high idle to begin with.

There are two circles in that image. It doesn't show how it actually connects. To save more confusion Im going to take some photos and maybe you guys can help me match a. to b. etc...

THanks very much for the feedback thus far.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
the 97 would have SAS and no EGR

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
I'll look for some more pics. Our '98 is gone for the week so I can only check my '95 which has EGR so let me ask a buddy to look at his S70 GLT.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Does this look correct to anyone? The "T" feels akward in that space.

If correct where do the hoses go?

In this image there are two connections to the fresh air hose. I cannot figure out where the second goes.

THanks so far!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts