SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So since we have been talking about Sensus maybe the experts here can help with my Navigation questions. We have a 2012 R-Design with Sensus 3.0 loaded.

So here is my hypothetical example. It’s late night and a White Castle crave happens. The nearest ones are in St. Paul about 70 miles away. I know the exact one I want to go to.

First try the voice input. I say “Navigation, go to POI.” The screen for POI's near the car comes up and gives me six different choices of POI’s – one being restaurants. But there is no White Castle “near” me. Am I stuck here? (Oh, and what if I want a POI other than one of the six categories?)

So next I try data input. I push NAV, select POI, then By Name. I enter St. Paul for City, and White Castle for Name. It brings up four, but there are no addresses listed. So I pick one, and it still does not show the address. So I select Information. It now shows the address – darn, wrong one. So I press Exit to back up. Then I press Exit again. But instead of bringing me back to the list of four so I can select another one, it takes me all the way back to the entry screen where I have to enter the City and Name all over again. So what am I doing wrong (besides thinking about going to White Castle)?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Ha! I haven't played with POIs yet, but in THIS particular scenario (and since you seem to have a penchant for White Castle) can't you enter your POI preferences ahead of time?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Oh, and have you read the manual? Granted, I've read it several times and cannot get "junctions" to work yet!

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did spend time with the manual - I was using it as I wrote. I was trying to learn more of the system and I found it very hard to pick the POI i wanted. White Castle was just a practice run. I'm just hoping to learn from some others if there is something I'm missing in entering the location. Anyone else want to try the sample for me and check?

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have the same issue when plugging in an address. Pick the wrong street and hit exit and it brings me all the way back to the original screen. I just posted some other Nav issues in a different thread. I can't believe it, but I really miss my 4 year old Garmin.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK, so I guess that confirms that it's not really me, but instead the system. I think the nav is useful, but errors like these in the programming make it frustrating. My wife is very versed with nav systems and she likes it. But then again she never makes a mistake and also has memorized where all the White Castles are. :)

I can only hope that Volvo provides an update as they did with Sensus 3.0. Not a map update, but a programming update.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts