SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After having the car parked for about a week now while I was down in the states for H20 I got back in to drive her tonight and have found that she is only running MAX 5-6psi of boost now and also noticed that when it's in vacuum on my gauge, it reads far lower then it did before, the gauge now sits at over 20 inhg when before under vacuum it would sit at around 20inhg or so. Also the car seems to be running quite rich, usually on the highway at 110km/h it uses ~6-7l/100km now it's struggling to get 8-9l/100km at the same speed, and I filled it right to full and drove about 150km and used 20L of fuel :eek: Any help would be appreciated.

No check engine light has come on, nor does it idle strangely at all, no hesitation drives smooth as it always has, just being a pig on fuel and no matter what gear i'm in, the most boost I read on the gauge is 6psi, in 5th with the foot to the floor at 100km/h it struggles to make even 5psi. But again no hesitation or and strange sounds etc. coming from the car..... Before I went away the car would make 10psi all day long, although I had noticed recently that it would sometimes only hold 9psi, but didnt think anything of it. T5's should hold 10psi correct?

·
Registered
281 Posts
i'm assuming it "feels" slower than before and is not just reading low boost on the gauge.

i'd check the integrity of the intake boot from airbox to turbo and also all vacuum lines going to and from the turbo, tcv, etc.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea feels sooooo slow :(. yea I'm thinking vacuum leak myself since it still makes boost just doesn't make enough.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
just didn't know if this was a known issue that might be a "Volvo thing"

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
Stock is about 10+ lbs
You have a vacuum leak somewhere

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yea that's what I figured after trying to search around. I took some brake clean and tried to find a leak while the car was on, can't find anything though, then I noticed at the top of the intake tube just after the maf, that one of the vacuum lines (the one further down was off, I connected it back up again and found that it goes into a "connection block" for lack of a better description, which has 2-3 more vacuum lines coming out of it as well as a electrical connector attached to it. I'm assuming this is the TCV?

I followed the lines and found one appears to go to the wastegate, and the other goes to the lower part of the intake tube nearest to the turbo. I connected these all back up and still have the same issue although the car is now spooling faster it seems.

Any other places I can check to see if they are loose?

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
This thread has the s70 diagram (previous was 850). They are similar, just the valve
is different (color coding might be, too):

http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?143741-Tips-on-replaceing-TCV-vacuum-lines...

There is also a diagram on a sticker on the inside of the hood (passenger side) with hose connections.

The wastegate spring allows about 5 pounds boost. So if the TCV system is not working 5-6 pounds
is about all you will see.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Pefect thanks gents for the info and links. I'm going to tackle this asap (working nights sucks for trying to do things in the day though hahaha)

Cheers :beer:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts