SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, I'm just visiting from Audiworld and have a few questions I need answered!

I have the opportunity to purchase a 1995 Volvo 850 T-5R that needs some work cosmeticly VERY VERY CHEAPLY. The car needs an AC / Heater Controller ASAP. The car is missing it's black/greay 17inch wheels and the rear spoiler.

I would like to purchase the car but am concerned about the cost to replace the AC / Heater controller. I'm not so worried about the rear spoiler and the wheels, that can wait.

Where can I find the Controller used or rebuilt? Any body know or have one for sale?

About Me....
2000 Audi A4 1.8Turbo Avant manual (lots of mods)
1982 Audi Turbo Quattro Coupe (all original 32000 mile UrQuattro coupe)

·
Registered
217 Posts
The ECC head unit you will be able to find at a used parts place, any electronic climate control unit from 95-97 will work. I had found one up here for $150.00 Canadian several months ago, a new one is expensive. To know the diff between ECC & MCC just by looking the one you need has the temp #'s in degrees and there will be an auto function to the left of the fan control which has no numbers just a scale, where as the MCC has no numbers on the temp dial just colour and the fan control has no auto and #'s with a scale from 1-4. That is the quick way to tell at the wrecker. The ECC is the better of the two to remove, if the audio unit is not out remove it put your hand up behind the ECC unit and push towards you it will slide out, the MCC has screws behind the knobs. As for the wing no problem, the wheels may be a problem if you find some wheels they may expensive but well worth the money!

What can I say it is 1am and I am still awake, sorry for the long post. One last thing get the car!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the input, I can purchase the car Saturday for 2000.00, I figure a lot can be wrong with it that i can throw 3000.00 at it for a total of 5000.00 and still be getting a deal!

·
Registered
136 Posts
A lot can be wrong that can be fixed - but one thing that can't be fixed is the legacy of a bad accident.

If metal is bent and then bent back into shape, it loses strength - I've had two insurance write offs put back on the road by unscrupulous scrap yards, one of which would have been a complete death trap since the entire shell had been crushed back to and including the roofline.

A very cheap performance car is a prime suspect for this kind of dangerous practice; in the UK our HPI checks can show this up, so I'd get yours checked out similarly before you part with any money.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts