SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so my SR is at 99k right now and I obviously want to give it everything and the best products.

I'm going to be stage 0 my SR so I'm ordering silicone hoses, doing the 3 stage sea foam process, and the other stuff that you got to do with stage 0.

I plan on getting the 105k service at 100k. i.was looking at the timing belt kits that fcpgroton sells and didn't know if this was a good product to buy. what do you guys think? should i buy my supplies elsewhere?

next thing is spark plugs..what have you SS members felt are the best spark plugs to use on your R's..(what size?)

any other advice?

thank you and i appreciate the help!

·
Registered
343 Posts
OEM plugs, unless you have a crazy build going on...
Can someone chirp in for the timing belt, i'm looking for something to go along with my stage 2 and UL pulley...

Get your fluids from vivaperformance or taska. Avoid the dealer$$...
You might want to do your cabin filter and replace your OEM air filter with a K&N.

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
so my SR is at 99k right now and I obviously want to give it everything and the best products.

I'm going to be stage 0 my SR so I'm ordering silicone hoses, doing the 3 stage sea foam process, and the other stuff that you got to do with stage 0.

I plan on getting the 105k service at 100k. i.was looking at the timing belt kits that fcpgroton sells and didn't know if this was a good product to buy. what do you guys think? should i buy my supplies elsewhere?

next thing is spark plugs..what have you SS members felt are the best spark plugs to use on your R's..(what size?)

any other advice?

thank you and i appreciate the help!
Tasca, iPD or fcpgroton are all good options for your dealer parts but cheaper. I bought mine from iPD cause they ship faster then the others and the price was reasonable, I would just get the OEM timing belt kit (don't fork out extra for the kevlar belt unless you plan on doing major engine mods) and also get the water pump since it's easier just to do this when you get the timing belt done (a lot of people will say skip it but most shops, even independent will suggest it. better safe then sorry I say)

OEM spark plugs are best.

while your under the hood make sure you check all hoses (fluid or vacuum) and check for holes or leaks.

·
Registered
11,628 Posts
-Top off your angle gear fluid
-Check your PCV system
-Flush your brake fluid
-Check engine mounts/bushing
-Clean MAF sensor

·
Registered
308 Posts
I would do the belt tensioner and idler pulley while your in there along with the water pump when you do the 105k service. There's no reason not to pay a few extra $ to replace critical parts that are easily accessible when the timing belt is off. If one of those pulleys break or seize up kiss your new timing belt and valves goodbye. When I did mine I also replaced the front crank seal which was easy to reach with the crank pulley off and only cost a few dollars more.

And as others have said.. stick with OE parts on a job like this to be on the safe side.

·
Registered
11,628 Posts
I would do the belt tensioner and idler pulley while your in there along with the water pump when you do the 105k service.
The 105k service includes the tensioner and pulley, no one in their right mind wouldn't do these at the same time as the belt. I agree about the crank seal and water pump, since its all apart might as well do them too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts