SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a roof rack for my 96 850 wagon. I don't have anything at this point so are any recommendations? Whatever I get it won't be used very often. Should I install the euro rack and get some load bars or just go with the removable type bars? Thanks for any insight!<br>Jim

·
Registered
279 Posts
Re: Need roof rack for 96 wagon (jaitken)

If you don't plan on using it much, and OEM volvo rack will do very well. If yo plan on having it there for extended amounts of time, the roof trim may be more prone to cracking, so at that point rails + cross bars will be better. (and cooler looking).<p>Cost. OEM rack = $100<br>Rails + Cross Bars = $300 - $400<p>Prices are used.<p>

·
Registered
89 Posts
Re: Need roof rack for 96 wagon (jaitken)

I still have mine for sale; Factory feet / fit kit, Thule bars, Bike Tray, and Thule Vision roof box in thules' faux carbon fiber w/ new lockset.<br> Would be willing to part out pcs, This will work if you have fact roof rails

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Keep in mind that Thule makes the factory Volvo rack equipment. I have had both the Thule spec rack and the Volvo rack on my car (currently the Volvo one). The only difference is that The ends where the screws sit are covered in the Volvo rack. This is nice if you're in a high salt area which corrodes stuff fast. But at the end of the day they are essentially the same.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts