SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Need Pictures Of V8 Battery Cables

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Tommm 
#1 ·
I think I found the mystery clunk. It seems the dealer that changed the alternator forgot to tie down the battery. I will purchase a new piece. I found it because the fusible link stopped working. It isn't broken, just upside down, and the positive is by the firewall while pictures on line show the negative by the firewall.

Will a few of you please post a few pictures of your battery. I cant get the positive pieces to rest the way I think they should, and the pictures on line have one wire from the terminal, I have two wires, and the positive jump.

Thanks.

#2 ·
I think I found the mystery clunk. It seems the dealer that changed the alternator forgot to tie down the battery. I will purchase a new piece. I found it because the fusible link stopped working. It isn't broken, just upside down, and the positive is by the firewall while pictures on line show the negative by the firewall.

Will a few of you please post a few pictures of your battery. I cant get the positive pieces to rest the way I think they should, and the pictures on line have one wire from the terminal, I have two wires, and the positive jump.

Thanks.
Two pics with positive by firewall.

From what I remember mines is like these

#4 ·
Thanks. The pictures on the how to videos have positive away from the firewall. Got it sorted, and have to wait a week for the hold down to arrive. Then, after dumping 11k into the car since last summer it should finally be right. Think if the stars align right I can get 5k for it? I doubt it.

#6 ·
If I knew it would total 11k I wouldn't have done it.
Windshield 300
Rear speakers 100
Then
Alternator, might as well do struts and shocks, then the say bad ball joints so control arms and front brakes & rotors for 3,xxx, end links. That's ok.

Then two sets of tires since buddy had deep discount coupons he wasn't using.

Thought that was it when trans went and PS pump was bad. 6500 later used trans, new PS pump, valve cover gaskets, etc.

Next is I expect to get hit with huge haiil, rear ended at a light, t boned or side swiped when parked. It's Murphy's law, and insurance will offer me a whopping "next to nothing."

Gotta keep smiling.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.