SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems paint is a restricted item in our new anti terrorism world in that I can't order engine block paint and the yellow paint for the fan blades in my 1800ES. Any suggestion on how I can get it locally or the colour code mix if possible.
I'm upgrading and refurbishing the engine bay and would like to keep everything original.
Thank you one and all... Stev

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here is an update:

I called the two Volvo dealers in my area of which they said that they do not stock paint other than body paint. All other painted items come already pre-painted AND they cannot help what-so-ever other than try and match it myself. Chuck in parts said I'm the first person to ever ask him that question and he's been working in parts for 40 years. So I said that my 1972 predates his employment of which Chuck and I had a good chuckle. He then gave me the 1-800-663-8255 # for Volvo CDN/International. I left a message.
In the meantime google search efforts are coming up negative.
If any SS member would know the colour mixtures (code) I could blend it myself.
Tks

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Udate

Seems Volvo Canada advised me to contact CDN Customs regarding the importation of volatile items. Seems paint can be imported but by land transportation only AND engine paint is permitted through Health CDN.

In addition I have to contact Volvo USA to see if they can release the colour pigment mixture. But based on Volvo CDN it will probably be unlikely. Have called and the office is closed. In the meantime I will try and order paint through whatever means possible.

If anyone knows where I can get some correctly coded Volvo paint it would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update

Have made contact with various suppliers on-line where I can order the correct exterior paint but not the "high temperature paint" used in the engine bay area.

Ordering high temp paint seems to be a real stumbling block.

I wonder how other SS members handle this problem???

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Update #5

Well I found the engine paint through Swedish Treasure (stock #9434521) but they will not ship to CDN as they use US Mail/Airfreight service to ship. When asked if they would ship by UPS ground they said a flat no. I then told them that US & CDN Customs will except ground shipments.

My plea fell on deaf ears.

So what's a guy to to do eh? :(

Oh! Haven't heard back from [email protected]. yet.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Seems the only thing I can do now is try and get paint swatches of the original colour -- so I can colour match when I mix the paint.

Can anyone SS member help please... :)

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Stev. Try TurboBricks and/or Brickboard; there's been some paint threads there but you'll probably have to search for them.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Go to www.kinek.com and sign up. You can then have anyone in the USA ship ANYTHING to the address that they provide you. You drive across the border, and it will cost you $5 to pick up each package. Then you can just drive it back across the border. If you declare it, you will be charged HST. I've been buying stuff like that for a while. I usually go to the Storage Central location in Buffalo, NY.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you ieatglue and John2x240 I'll check it out and shipping to the border is an easy solution. :thumbup:

A friend of mine said I should just order a new engine - already comes painted and ship the old one back - same for the radiator fan. Had a good chuckle on that. :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts