SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

A newbie here with a question regarding the navigation system of a MY 2012 XC60. My car is in the US but it is built to European specifications. Because of that, the car came only with European maps in the navigation system. I will remain here in the US for another year or so and I really want to use the navigation system while I am still here.

I understand that updated maps come on a DVD and cost an arm and a leg from a Volvo dealer. Is there any other source for such a navigation DVD? It doesn't have to be the absolute latest maps, but it obviously needs to work with a MY 2012 XC60.

Any suggestions or pointing in the right direction would be greatly appreciated!

Lagerpe

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hmm... tricky question clearly...

Let me re-phrase: Is this map update likely to work in my MY2012 XC60?

http://www.navigation.com/is-bin/IN...ShowAllProducts=YES&PersistNavigationMenu=YES

I guess the question could also be formulated as: When was the current "sensus" Navigation system introduced in the XC60?

Lagerpe (hoping for better response this time...)
Under the Compatibility tab of the link you posted, it lists the following:
2007-2010 / S80

2008-2010 / V70

2008-2010 / XC70

2010 / XC60

I would check with a dealer if you are uncertain.

·
Registered
42 Posts
So If I'm hearing everyone correctly, map updates for vehicles (2002-2007) with factory installed nav are only for Europe and not US? UGH! It's good to know as I shop around. I was all excited to find one, but the navi maps aren't worth it if it isn't update-able with US maps.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Actually, did a quickie search and found this: http://bit.ly/1K1wCze $199 for North America maps update for Factory installed 02-07. Ugh. More aesthetically pleasing than having a second hand GPS, plus I really don't want to replace the HU. Anyone happen to try the Volvo update solution?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts