SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for information relating to valve sizes and valve open/close duration and the like. Here's a list of some specific ones I need:

Stroke: 3.3"
Bore: 3.5"

Exhaust Valve Diameter: (Inches)
Exhaust Valve Opening Point: (Degrees )
Exhaust Valve Duration: (Advertised)
Exhaust Valve Centerline: (Degrees)
Peak Power RPM:
Volumetric Efficiency:

Any help would be great!

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Nobody??

·
Registered
658 Posts
Wish I could help. Not sure where a person could find such specific information, other than getting this info from an engineer at Volvo.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The thing is that I can't find anything on such a "rare" engine. I was looking at maybe fabbing up some headers in my garage, but I wanted those measurements to know what diameter piping to use, the length to make the headers and the size of the collector flange. Those measurements are used to make sure there is enough back-pressure while not choking the engine. I guess I'll just throw that idea on the idea shelf in the back of my head lol

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
I can fill in a couple. I believe you have your bore/stroke dimensions reversed. Remember this engine uses Variable Valve Timing....
Max torque (Nm / rpm) 230/1500-4800
Exhaust Valve Diameter on crown 27 ±0.15 mm
Max. lift height exhaust ........mm 9.05
Cylinder bore (mm) 83
Stroke (mm) 90

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks! I found a site that had the bore/stroke listed the way I wrote it. Considering the lack of information on this engine, I'm guessing they're wrong lol

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
You should be able to use the details from the B5254S (stated as 2.5l but is the same engine) from an 850. That SHOULD have the same valves and cams.

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
There's some useful stuff here http://www.theeshadow.com/files/S40MY2005/S40MY2005-Engines.pdf : (but nothing on valve diameters)
OVERVIEW OF THE B5244S4
Crankshaft, Main Bearings
Stroke 90.0 mm; forged; weight 21571 grams; connecting rod pins:  50.00 mm. Main bearing journals:  65.00 mm.
Both the upper and lower main bearings are aluminum.
Connecting Rods, Connecting Rod Bearings
• Center to center length 143 mm; weight 644 grams. Both the upper and lower bearings are aluminum. Pistons
Graphite-coated pistons.
Wrist pin diameter/length = 21 mm/57 mm.
Weight 397 grams with piston rings, snap rings and wrist pins. Weight piston alone 282 grams.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts