1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
13,506 Posts
Ouch, sorry for getting hit. Looks like it's just the bumper cover and the tailpipe - probably around a grand would be my guess.

·
Registered
301 Posts
more then that i bet.the good part about it-our bumpers come pre-painted and math 100%. it still sucks though..... now you could also get a nice aftermarket cat back,??????

·
Registered
2021 Volvo S60 T5 AWD
7,283 Posts
Definitely more than a grand. Got any pics of the perp's car?

·
Registered
41 Posts
My 2012 T5 was hit in the rear several months ago. The total cost was 1100.00 for a rear bumper with park assist and rear valance with park assist. I did not have to replace the muffler.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well... I'll tell you that the repair estimate was WAY over than $1k. The estimate includes 28 items that need to be replaced including the muffler assembly, both pipe exhausts, rear bumber cover, rear bumper reinforcement, and 4 obstacle warning sensors (park assist). I'm certainly glad I'm not the one paying for the repair.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
more then that i bet.the good part about it-our bumpers come pre-painted and math 100%. it still sucks though..... now you could also get a nice aftermarket cat back,??????
I would do the aftermarket cat back (it's on my to do list) if I was paying for the repair but I know my shop won't go for it. They'll have to do the repair with stock parts.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Definitely more than a grand. Got any pics of the perp's car?
Sadly no. It was an old busted Corolla. It was in pretty bad shape after the hit; no longer in working condition...

·
Registered
897 Posts
Lucca, it sures looks to me like the whatchamacallit turbonator sensor adjusting tubulating pharostat is totalled, but you could probably settle out of court for the upgraded exhaust and sport package ;)

Sorry for your loss./ I cringed as I opened this and saw the pain, I mean picture, NO, mean PAIN!

My rear end hurt for yours. That's what is worse than driving a new car waiting for it to happen, actually looking at it after it happens. :(

Got the estimate yet?

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Got the estimate yet?
Yep. Got the estimate and trust me; you don't want to know for how much it went. Soon the perp's pocket is going to hurt more than my rear end.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Yep. Got the estimate and trust me; you don't want to know for how much it went. Soon the perp's pocket is going to hurt more than my rear end.
Did they even have insurance or will your SUM be covering it?

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Let me guess............$4,150.00???

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Did they even have insurance or will your SUM be covering it?
Here every car that is legally out on the street is required to have insurance but it only covers up to $4k in damages; which in this case isn't enough. They didn't have additional insurance and don't have any money so I had to turn to my insurance to pay for the repair and their insurance will reimburse my deductible. Luckily this won't hurt my insurance experience because it's a corporate master policy and the accident wasn't my fault.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Registered
100 Posts
I bet they were texting! (Just heard that Peter Frampton was rear ended by someone while they were texting and it made me think of it).

·
Registered
780 Posts
Sorry to see that the car was hit and I hope that you were ok.

I also got rear-ended at one point, luckily in my old car, two weeks before my S60 was delivered :)
I had a caravan hook and even though I had only minor damage, the other car had to be towed away from the accident...

Just a thing...did your garage also check that WHIPS is still in working order?. I guess they should do that by default, but some garages might forget.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I bet they were texting! (Just heard that Peter Frampton was rear ended by someone while they were texting and it made me think of it).
Yep. Wouldn't surprise me to find out they were.

Sorry to see that the car was hit and I hope that you were ok.

I also got rear-ended at one point, luckily in my old car, two weeks before my S60 was delivered :)
I had a caravan hook and even though I had only minor damage, the other car had to be towed away from the accident...

Just a thing...did your garage also check that WHIPS is still in working order?. I guess they should do that by default, but some garages might forget.
Thanks; we're fine.

Thanks for the tip about WHIPS. Last week I took the car in to my Volvo dealer and they confirmed everything else was fine.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Getting closer but still short...
Here in Puerto Rico Volvo Parts are very expensive... One S60 RDesign 18" Wheel cost me around $1400!!!
Damn pothole!!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts