SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need help. I need to replace XC60 ecoboost 2.0 T5 (2012) spark plug

Ford and Volvo use same engine ecoboost 2.0. Spark plug Ford CYFS-12Y-PC or Volvo 30758130.
Ford plug is way cheaper than volvo. I have no luck at google in these few days...

Please help and advise whether i could go for Ford spark plug CYFS-12Y-PC to save money...

Thank you.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I never knew the Ford Ecoboost was the engine in the XC60 T5. I have a Land Rover Evoque and it is obvious that it has the Ecoboost engine because it was mentioned in every article and I see "Ford" stamped on many parts in the engine bay. But I haven't seen much evidence that the XC60 has the same engine. I also didn't know there was a 2.0L turbo engine in the 2012 XC60. I thought 2014 was the first year with that engine. Interesting.

In my Evoque the manual calls for an oil that meets Ford Spec WSS-M2C913-B. But there are no oils available in the USA that meet that spec (except for oil you buy directly from Land Rover). However the exact same engine is in the Ford Escape and they claim to require an oil that meets Ford Spec WSS-M2C946-A and several oils in the USA meet that spec. I figured the engine designer/builder knew more about the oil needed in the engine than the company that just purchases it from them, so I used the oils that meet the WSS-M2C946-A spec. So if it truly is an Ecoboost engine, I would think it would be a problem to use that plug. But I guess there could be slight tweaks to the timing and other things controlled by the ECU that might require some differences in the spark plug heat range, gap, etc. I'm sure if you do a little research regarding the specifications of the Ford and Volvo plugs you could probably determine if they are equivalent. I know I searched the other day for plugs on our 2016 T5 and there are no aftermarket companies that claim to make a plug for it.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
I don't think OP is in USA. The only engines in 2012 XC60's in USA were the two Si6's (3.2 and 3.0 T6).

As to the original question? I don't know. Sorry.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I don't think OP is in USA. The only engines in 2012 XC60's in USA were the two Si6's (3.2 and 3.0 T6).

As to the original question? I don't know. Sorry.
Is the 2.0L in the 2016 XC60 T5 an Ecoboost or is it an engine developed by Volvo?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts