SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
For those of you that don't know, ever since I've been given Moderator privileges on the R forum I've been working on consolidating most of the content here on the R forum. You can find the work here on the S60R / V70R (P2) Modification & Repair Index.

Over the course of the last 8 months or so, I've been collecting, checking, sorting, and adding links to this thread. For awhile now, I wanted to break it apart from being a single post to a thread with multiple posts as the list got too long to manage and there was a limit on the number of characters in the post. Once I blew it apart today, I realized how incomplete this list really is. This forum contains much more information than that! Most of the information you see in the list were either collected over the years by JimLill, Giraff3, and myself and a few other mods in between. We're only volunteers and users, and basically I see this as sort of an old bag of nuts & bolts where we've across some interesting information & collected it. I've since gave it a bit of a face lift and some new content, but there's plenty of room for more improvement! I try to read as much as I can, and although I have a good memory of threads and topics, my individual efforts only go so far. Besides, I know my knowledge is also limited.

So what's the purpose of this post?
I call upon you; the R owners, R gurus, R enthusiasts, SS readers & content creators, to help make this R Index better!

how can you help?
Well, aside from writing content (which is great btw). For those of you that have contributed to the forum to bring to my attention of any information or content that is worthy to be added to the R Index. As readers, if you come across some really well written, documented with pictures, or really worthy info, feel free to point it out!

where do I post about it?
Posting right into this thread is perfectly fine. Here's an post example below. If you forget about this thread, PMing me about it is perfectily fine too. I'll try to keep my inbox clean, but do let me know if it gets maxed out.

Hey DevolvR, here's what I found would be nice to add to the R index:

Name of the thread(a friendly name as it appears in the index): An awesome R mod
Section & Subsection: Engines > Motor
URL to the thread: http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?69045-S60R-V70R-Modification-amp-Repair-Index
all the sections are not written in stone. I was the one that categorized everything the way it is now, now there might be some stuff that is misplaced (I recently moved Hubs / wheel bearings to drivetrain where it belongs).

oh and one last thing to keep this fun, One of the major things I want to expand is Notable Builds ( i can see this section far more vast an interesting in the future with Cover photos and pics ); aside from the high powered builds out there, there are other popular builds here that lean towards more of the cosmetic side. As a shameless plug, I've added my own thread ;) If any of you have other suggestions, let me know.

Thanks SS!

·
Registered
373 Posts
I haven't contributed much, but I have read a lot of good threads. I'll check my subs & see if there is anything not already covered.

Really like what you did with the Mod & Repair index. Much more organized than before.

·
Premium Member
8,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks Blair! If you have ideas, feel free to express them.

Added your suggestions. Thx! Keep them coming.

btw.. I might even mod my sig so it's less distracting as well in the Index. hmm. .. done!

·
Registered
437 Posts
wooot!!!!! ya i was perusing that thread when i first joined going ok some great info here, then you see things like the Rkelly intake mod and have to go hunt up the writeup on it (which wasn't easy btw). PROPs to you DevolvR if you ever get down to Alabama I think i owe ya a beer for your contributions here. Hopefully after I learn my way around this car some I can be of some help here. Going to plasti dip my rims soon i'll make a nice writeup on that while i'm at it.

·
Premium Member
8,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
wooot!!!!! ya i was perusing that thread when i first joined going ok some great info here, then you see things like the Rkelly intake mod and have to go hunt up the writeup on it (which wasn't easy btw). PROPs to you DevolvR if you ever get down to Alabama I think i owe ya a beer for your contributions here. Hopefully after I learn my way around this car some I can be of some help here. Going to plasti dip my rims soon i'll make a nice writeup on that while i'm at it.
LOL thanks man, yeah I've been thinking of adding the PlastiDip stuff(into the Exterior categories), but we'll have to wait and see til someone does a really good write up and results (looking at Zack).

btw, Tomedkaz, you're build has been added!

·
Registered
211 Posts
As a noob to the forum and Volvo's in general I really appreciate you doing this. I don't know why but I struggle with the search function, can't ever get the right key words or something lol. Thank you.

·
Premium Member
8,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
As a noob to the forum and Volvo's in general I really appreciate you doing this. I don't know why but I struggle with the search function, can't ever get the right key words or something lol. Thank you.
You're not the only one, there's something majorly wrong with this forum's search function. You can't even do a specific forum search properly ie; search in R forum only. Which sucks IMHO. Anyway, there's always the Google trick which works quite well. I use it all the time.

·
Premium Member
8,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
btw, anyone notice a huge massive jump in activity in the forums today? There was a lot of subscribed threads I had to go through.

·
Premium Member
8,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Up we go. I might turn this one to a sticky so more people are involved.

·
Registered
211 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Yeah I am definitely bummed about not being able to do a forum specific search. I would like to hope maybe you guys are working on adding that.
Not that I know of. I don't do any work on the forum software or the actual site itself, again, I'm a user granted with slightly more privileges than yourself except that I get to; move, rename, delete, stick, black hole, give warnings to users on the selected forums I'm given for a nice salary of "$Zero". :)

·
Premium Member
8,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Up we go...

·
Super Moderator
8,701 Posts
Not from this forum, but a good write up about AOC Pump, Filter & Fluid Replacement:
http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=111875

A couple other items:
Welcome thread (http://forums.swedespeed.com/showth...Thread-Click-here-if-you-are-NEW-to-the-forum) has maintenance links which aren't on the Modification & Repair Index.
Also, the link to the Modification & Repair Index on the Welcome thread is broken. Should be this link - http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?69045-S60R-V70R-Modification-amp-Repair-Index

1 - 13 of 13 Posts