SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've been running the Porsche BBK kit on the front axle for the last 8+ years and 150K miles no issues no problems at all. Last weekend I went to change pads and rotors and on reassembly the rotor is rubbing on the inside of the right side caliper. Since the calipers is fixed in position and not floating, the position of the rotors is critical to the rotor and pads lining up correctly. However, it seems like the rotor is not seating correctly and is not centered in the middle of the caliper on the hub. Its appears to be seated too far inward. Never had this issue before. I am using new Brembo s60r 330mm rotors, and new textar pads. Both are the same model and parts numbers I have always used from day one.

What I've done so far:
1) Removed the dust shield backing place to ensure that it was not rubbing on the rotor since its such a common issue.
2.) Thought it had to do with a hub issue so I replaced the hub with a new *** hub. Same result, still rubbing.
3.) Though the caliper bolts could have stretched, so I replaced the caliper bolts. Same result, still rubbing.
4.) Thought the rotors were to tall and too wide, so I reinstalled the old rotors. Same result, still rubbing.
5.) Replaced axle since the boots were split and leaking. I had to remove the hub anyway. Same result, still rubbing.

Totally stumped now and looking for ideas or suggestions....:confused:

·
Registered
17,310 Posts
What caliper?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17,310 Posts
Rotor tolerance is incorrect then.

Brembo Italy on the box or?

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes. Brembo Italy on the rotor and box. Box is labeled brembo 09.8614.11 volvo s60 I 07/00-04-10 volvo v70 ii (SW) 03/00-08/07. Country of Origin Italia.

·
Registered
17,310 Posts
Yes. Brembo Italy on the rotor and box. Box is labeled brembo 09.8614.11 volvo s60 I 07/00-04-10 volvo v70 ii (SW) 03/00-08/07. Country of Origin Italia.
Measure hat offset new to old then.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Crude measurements are about the same, 1.25 inches.

·
Registered
501 Posts

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes, left a good scrape mark on the top 1/4 edge of the inside of the rotor.

·
Registered
173 Posts
check your caliper bolt torque specs and clean the mating surfaces. the caliper is not sitting evenly. I just went through this with the rears.

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
Yes, left a good scrape mark on the top 1/4 edge of the inside of the rotor.
If needed you can safely trim that back a bit. Like said ^ check that the mating surfaces are clean, but I've seen this before. It is odd that it was fine before and now is rubbing, but may only be a few thousandths and would seem like inches.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Can you post some pictures of where it is rubbing etc.?

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Circling back on this topic. Finally resolved the issue by replacing the caliper mounting brackets. Thank goodness I was able to find a pair of brackets from yother.com Shout out to CJ for all the help!
All is back to normal. :D

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Are the brackets still square? We're these my brackets to start with? This leaves more questions than answers.

Very glad it's resolved though.
The old brackets IPD sold me 10+ years ago. No idea who manufactured them back then.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts