SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know that part number for the pin that holds the shift knob on? It is the part that is being pressed into the gear shift lever in the below picture.

I could not find it in Vida

TIA

·
Super Moderator
8,698 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Hi.

I´m in the same situation.

When I removed my gear knob the pin fell I don´t know where and I had to use a piece of a nail, but the knob turns itself.

Did you discover anything?

·
Super Moderator
8,698 Posts
Maybe SNABB could help you out since they've started making the short shifter again and send these pins with their shift sticks.

·
Registered
5,847 Posts
Couldn't you just use a roll pin from a hardware store? If it's too long, just insert it and cut to length.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
I'd send SNABB $5 for a replacement pin that fits the OEM knob. Mine is bent and trashed and I can't get it out of the shaft without destroying it.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Maybe SNABB could help you out since they've started making the short shifter again and send these pins with their shift sticks.
I didn´t remember that, in fact I bought a short shifter in March but I don´t have it yet (it´s in a cousin´s house), so I will wait for it.

Thanks!

Couldn't you just use a roll pin from a hardware store? If it's too long, just insert it and cut to length.
The point is that the original pin is wider for a side and narrower on the other side. I used a piece of a nail and I cut it but the knob twists a lot. It´s not dangerous but It is uncomfortable

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
I would ask Christian from snabb also he is always willing took above and beyond to help me out.

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi.

I´m in the same situation.

When I removed my gear knob the pin fell I don´t know where and I had to use a piece of a nail, but the knob turns itself.

Did you discover anything?

I just went with a ghetto fix, wrapped some rubber bands around the shaft and forced the shifter on.. It actually worked pretty good, the knob can be turned but only with significant effort and does not bother me while driving at all.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts