SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was looking yesterday on mods I can do to make my instrument cluster look like the R (because a new R instrument cluster from Eire is 375) but any way I came across a thread about swapping the back lights for led. I took apart my dash removed the instrument cluster and apparently Volvo switched to led in the cluster already. Disappointed I decided to take the cluster apart and see how hard it would be to swap the leds for blue ones. Long story short it would be way to hard because there are 28 leds I would have to swap and I don't feel like wrecking my cluster. Anyway I put it all back together and my gauges read wrong because I put the needle on the wrong spot. How do I put on the needle so there spot on accurate, is there any trick. I know there are those of you who have taking the cluster apart how did you adjust the needles so they read the correct information. Any help would be great.<p>Thanks,<br>Steve

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Well, there are a couple of ways you can do it. To get speedo to read right, just use a GPS, and go like 30mph (according to the GPS), set the cruise control, and then just put the needle on how it's suppose to go. To fix the tach, you need to just start the car, and then just make it so it's at about 700RPM, which is idle. If you want to fix the temp gauge, just let the car run for like 20mins and then it should be fully warmed up, and then put it right in the middle. and then lastly, to fix the fuel gauge, just fill the tank up all the way, and put it at full when the car is running. You'll need the glass off while you do this.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts