SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Vovlo XC90 T6 AWD
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I need some help and information. I have 2004 XC90 T6 AWD and want to upgrade my audio system. I have changed all the speakers to Premium sound (yellow sticker), but.. when I had changed my old amplifier (white sticker) to Premium (yellow sticker), my radio powered up for 2-3 seconds and turned off. Then seems like rebooting all the time. Okay, I have changed old radio (white sticker) to other Premium sound (yellow sticker) too. Now I have installed all Premium sound devices, but... radio not powering on at all. What should I do in that situation? I have Volvo DiCe and VDASH software, turned off ITP. What should I do next?

·
Registered
2008 Volvo XC90 V8 AWD
737 Posts
Hi,
I need some help and information. I have 2004 XC90 T6 AWD and want to upgrade my audio system. I have changed all the speakers to Premium sound (yellow sticker), but.. when I had changed my old amplifier (white sticker) to Premium (yellow sticker), my radio powered up for 2-3 seconds and turned off. Then seems like rebooting all the time. Okay, I have changed old radio (white sticker) to other Premium sound (yellow sticker) too. Now I have installed all Premium sound devices, but... radio not powering on at all. What should I do in that situation? I have Volvo DiCe and VDASH software, turned off ITP. What should I do next?
If I'm not mistaken, you need to have the ICM (Radio) programmed with the rest of the sound system, like the amplifier and the CD changer, etc. because of how the Fiber-Optic MOST loop works. It'll break the fiber optic connection loop if it detects something that isn't supposed to be there from factory. Are there any red modules (red boxes in the code reading section) in VIDA? You may have to take it to the dealer to have them program it all together.

·
Registered
2004 Vovlo XC90 T6 AWD
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If I'm not mistaken, you need to have the ICM (Radio) programmed with the rest of the sound system, like the amplifier and the CD changer, etc. because of how the Fiber-Optic MOST loop works. It'll break the fiber optic connection loop if it detects something that isn't supposed to be there from factory. Are there any red modules (red boxes in the code reading section) in VIDA? You may have to take it to the dealer to have them program it all together.
I have removed ITP tonight and my amplifier started to work. But, ICM still not working. I dont want to go to dealer, I want to find out how to do that :) Vida shows that CEM and ICM have trouble, not comunicating. I have my original ICM (Performance audio) and other ICM (Premium sound). I have serial numbers, hardware numbers and so on. Now I cant change configuration without CEM PIN code. Have you any advice?

·
Registered
267 Posts
I have removed ITP tonight and my amplifier started to work. But, ICM still not working. I dont want to go to dealer, I want to find out how to do that :) Vida shows that CEM and ICM have trouble, not comunicating. I have my original ICM (Performance audio) and other ICM (Premium sound). I have serial numbers, hardware numbers and so on. Now I cant change configuration without CEM PIN code. Have you any advice?
Have fun finding the CEM PIN code. I think it can be done with VDASH, or maybe the link below. I bookmarked this project I found on Github, the developer is a member here. https://github.com/vtl/volvo-cem-cracker

If you do manage to make this work let me know! I wanted to update my XC90 as well..

·
Registered
485 Posts
The problem (or one of the problems) is that you'll need to push some software to the vehicle, not just adjust parameters. To do that you need an actual VIDA subscription and pay for the software download. Not sure if that will still end up being cheaper than just asking the dealer to do it... I would love to hear that I'm mistaken.

·
Registered
2004 Vovlo XC90 T6 AWD
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Have fun finding the CEM PIN code. I think it can be done with VDASH, or maybe the link below. I bookmarked this project I found on Github, the developer is a member here. https://github.com/vtl/volvo-cem-cracker

If you do manage to make this work let me know! I wanted to update my XC90 as well..
Yeap, I have read about that. But how I can get this arduino project work with my Dice dongle? :)

·
Registered
2004 Vovlo XC90 T6 AWD
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The problem (or one of the problems) is that you'll need to push some software to the vehicle, not just adjust parameters. To do that you need an actual VIDA subscription and pay for the software download. Not sure if that will still end up being cheaper than just asking the dealer to do it... I would love to hear that I'm mistaken.
Yes, I thought about that. But I think there are two ways. One of them is put other ICM with Premium sound software and adopt ir with my CEM, or other option is to try push new software of Premium sound to my old ICM.
Talking about Vida subscription, I tried to register and buy. but no luck.. I dont know why..

·
Registered
2004 Vovlo XC90 T6 AWD
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have found information:
Part Number: 30679179 Interchange Part Number: 638-58279 Compatible Part Number: 30646128, 30646099, 30732643.
The question is that ICM (30679180) could work instead 30679179?

·
Registered
74 Posts
As said before the head unit and all is a complete system in the car change it and it needs to program to the car. or Unlocked for the car. it will be cheaper for you to go to the dealer, for one-offs.
I looked into vdash its more for turners I suspect.
When I was looking at looked bunch of different options finally went with Grom I got Bluetooth and USB digital radio. it was plug and play for me.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Did you manage to get it working? From my understanding you are also changing the ICM to another one from a donor car? This can cause more problems for you as I am 80 % sure there exists different Canbus generations for your car.

Also there is no need to change the ICM as they don't contain any special software for the different audio systems, the ICM just ask CEM for its car configuration and enables that specific mode (Performance, High Performance or Premium Sound) on startup.

What you need to do is to change your car configuration stored in CEM from Performance -> Premium Sound, you can do this with etc. Vida, Vdash or by manually editing in the flash memory of the CEM (free).

Also as pointed out already the reason why your system shut off after a short time is because of the ITP/Security on MOST being enabled.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts