SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright well this might be a pretty vague question and I'm new to the forums so hello everyone! I've had my volvo 240 station wagon for about a year now, did all the work to it and just recently put a new transmission in with the help of my uncle. But lately my volvo was having trouble starting, I'd have to hold the ignition down for a little while. Well it got worse and worse to where I had to hold the ignition down for a minute or so for it to start. Now! it won't start at all. Does anybody have an idea of what could be wrong? thanks, Sam

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
alright well I had changed the fuel pump in it and looking around I found a topic earlier with the same problem. So maybe the relay is the problem

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
alright...wow easy fix it was just the relay. I thought of that earlier but I didn't think it was going to be that. Thanks anyways. You've gained a new member, I'll probably be stopping bby more often now

·
Premium Member
19,953 Posts
Re: (Noseslidesam)

Welcome to Swedespeed, Sam.<p>Yours is the first ever one-man topic, post and fix on Swedespeed!<p>George Dill<p>

·
Registered
4 Posts
Re: (Noseslidesam)

A corroded relay was the problem with my 1975 Volvo 245. It wasn't starting after I had put in a new alternator. i had no juice going to the rear fuel pump. Went to a salvage yard and for 2 bucks got a replacement relay. She started right up!<p>Thanks to George for sending me in the right direction.<p>Keep up the good work!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts