SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Isn't there a thread in here somewhere explaining in detail the steps to keeping Gracenote turned off? I did a forum search but couldn't find it.

·
Registered
997 Posts
There is an off setting in one of the system menus, but it still seems to look for updates when various media is first turned on. I think maybe the off setting kills it on flash drive lookups maybe.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Isn't there a thread in here somewhere explaining in detail the steps to keeping Gracenote turned off? I did a forum search but couldn't find it.
As mentioned, I think going to Settings -> Media -> Gracenote allows you to turn off the display of the data. It doesn't say anything about how to keep it from updating though. Sorry if that doesn't help.

You have piqued my curiosity though. If you don't want it to update is there a reason?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As mentioned, I think going to Settings -> Media -> Gracenote allows you to turn off the display of the data. It doesn't say anything about how to keep it from updating though. Sorry if that doesn't help.

You have piqued my curiosity though. If you don't want it to update is there a reason?
It seems to slow my screen down when it's updating. Would love to get rid of that.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I just want it to be gone altogether. I would like just to see the outline of the directory structure on my USB stick just as my Audi Q5 did.
I wrote to Gracenote and go a bland reply. I wrote to Volvo and the reply gave a little hope that they might make it optional in a future software release.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
997 Posts
It seems to slow my screen down when it's updating. Would love to get rid of that.
exactly... useless to me, and turning it off seems to have no affect.

·
Registered
594 Posts
bump

1 - 7 of 7 Posts