SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, so i wanna lay off the engine mods for now and attack the suspension/handling part.

It would be very cool if you guys could give me a simple list of suspension mods that really do make a different in handling/smoothness.

I'm ok with the shocks/springs part but need more info about bushings and mounts mods, which one should i do first ?

I'm more towards the small cost mods that makes a difference because im kinda low on cash.

Thanks !

·
Registered
829 Posts
Best bang for your buck suspension mod would be the IPD sways. Other common mounts/bushings to check/replace are the engine stabilizer bar bushings (search bob villa mod), LCA bushings, ball joints, lower trans torque mount, and IPD subframe inserts.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I am doing this exact thing right now (my thread is just below yours LOL). I just did strut stuff, and now I'm doing subframe inserts next.

After that is the strut bar inserts and engine mount, then I'm going to sit and consider for a while.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am doing this exact thing right now (my thread is just below yours LOL). I just did strut stuff, and now I'm doing subframe inserts next.

After that is the strut bar inserts and engine mount, then I'm going to sit and consider for a while.
Yeah i checked it after creating mine haha, i will probably attack the mounts, subframe inserts, bushings, tighten up the stock engine strut bar and get both IPD sways and springs for last.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts