SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Today, got a "low brake fluid light" briefly, then again.. and now on every turn and stop. It's leaking pretty quickly. Got home, jacked up the car... And I found this.

I'm assuming, that now I'll have to replace the slave cylinder. It was never dripping here before, and now there's a few spots from where I was parking at work (I deliver pizza, yes in my R)

It's dripping heavily out of the very bottom of the tranny there.

Can SOMEONE confirm that it's the slave cylinder that will need to be replaced?

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How can any one "confirm" that without seeing it in person. Take a deep breath and have it looked at on Monday.
Yeah, like I have a single penny to spend. I do all the work myself, I just need to know if this is a symptom of the slave going bad. It wasn't leaking up until today, and the car is still driveable, except my brake fluid is leaking rapidly from that spot.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
3,758 Posts

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
It's not leaving the garage.. I'm just going to borrow and engine hoist from a friend. I tools, only need a few things....

Just more worried about money than anything.. I'm super broke right now..
I feel your pain bro. Even 3rd party slave cylinder will cost $150+

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Not trying to add more pain on top, but when my clutch pedal went to the floor and didn't come back up in El Paso, the Volvo dealership there replaced the slave cylinder and also replaced the flywheel and clutch. They said that the brake fluid on the flywheel necessitated a new one, as the old one could not be resurfaced, and the brake fluid on the clutch ruined that and I needed a new one too. Sorry man :(

-Steve

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Not trying to add more pain on top, but when my clutch pedal went to the floor and didn't come back up in El Paso, the Volvo dealership there replaced the slave cylinder and also replaced the flywheel and clutch. They said that the brake fluid on the flywheel necessitated a new one, as the old one could not be resurfaced, and the brake fluid on the clutch ruined that and I needed a new one too. Sorry man :(

-Steve
Brake fluid won't ruin the clutch. That's just dumb. They just wanted your money.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I feel your pain bro. Even 3rd party slave cylinder will cost $150+
Good thing I get employee discount at napa (girlfriend works there)

Slave cylinder and bearing is 60$

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Definitely your slave cylinder. When mine was gone, it was leaking from the same exact spot.

·
Registered
3,758 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,700 Posts
Definitely the slave. Are you feeling anything different with the clutch?

·
Premium Member
5,242 Posts
Brake fluid won't ruin the clutch. That's just dumb. They just wanted your money.
Yes, it will. Yes, it has. If enough gets on the surface of the clutch, it goes to crap.

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
1 - 20 of 33 Posts