SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I'll try to keep this short and sweet.

I've recently been looking to upgrade my P2 S60 T5 for a P3 S60 T6. I found a really nice, low mileage example that I test drove and checked out, really liked, and put a deposit down on. It is advertised on the dealer site as a 2015.5 S60 T6 R-Design Platinum with the Inline-6 3.0L. The weird thing I noticed is that it does have a Polestar badge on the back as well, but it is missing some of the things that come with Polestar models like the 6 Piston Brakes, and I thought Polestars sold in the US were only offered in Black and Blue, but this one is White.

I'll be the first to admit I'm new in terms of the P3 chassis and don't know a whole lot, and it seems info is a lot more limited/conflicting then what I'm used to on the P2 chassis (to be expected with a newer car of smaller production numbers like the T6). Basically, is this car actually a Polestar car, or did someone just get their hands on a badge and throw it on?

Here is the link to all the pictures and info and VIN that might help someone with the resources and/or knowledge help me determine if this is an actual Polestar car.

https://www.internationaleuropean.com/inventory/volvo/s60/i1597/

EDIT: Now that I look more into it, I'm almost positive that the badge was just added. I didn't even notice until just now that it is missing the S60 rear badge lettering. That with the slew of missing options (brakes, wheels, suade inserts, etc) all make me pretty confident it isn't a P*. But if there is any way someone can confirm, that would still be great.

Thanks!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Possibly Polestar ‘tuned’ but not the polestar engineered with 6piston brakes, Ferreira exhaust, Ohlins shocks, bigger turbo, wheels, and cosmetic interior/exterior treatments.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,546 Posts
It has the Polestar software. It isn't a Polestar Engineered. That's why it doesn't have the brakes, rims, suspension etc and isn't the right color.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay, things are starting to make a little more sense to me. It seems that the PO must have done the Polestar Tune and desired more, because I searched up the VIN and there was actually a "For Sale" post for that exact car on these forums about a month or two ago and he states it has a Hilton Stage 2 Tune on it, along with an iPd Turboback exhaust (which it still had installed), so I'm going to guess it was never re-flashed back to stock either, and the throttle response was quite touchy (more then I remember when I drove a normal T6 a couple weeks ago) as a tuned car might be.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Yes, I remember the ad for this car. It is an S60 T6 R-Design, so it would mean it came with the Polestar tune to bump up the 325hp and 354 ft-lbs. The previous owner then added the Hilton Stage 2 tune on top of the Polestar tune (Hilton charges $1050 for the Polestar to Stage 2, BTW).

·
Registered
13,966 Posts
Okay, things are starting to make a little more sense to me. It seems that the PO must have done the Polestar Tune and desired more, because I searched up the VIN and there was actually a "For Sale" post for that exact car on these forums about a month or two ago and he states it has a Hilton Stage 2 Tune on it, along with an iPd Turboback exhaust (which it still had installed), so I'm going to guess it was never re-flashed back to stock either, and the throttle response was quite touchy (more then I remember when I drove a normal T6 a couple weeks ago) as a tuned car might be.
For the 2015.5 model year the R Design came with the Polestar tune standard. In subsequent years with the Drive E (four cylinder) motor the Polestar tune was optional on the R Design. This one is a highly optioned R Design with very low miles and what appears as a decent price. Back when they were new the cost to move up to the Polestar engineered model from the RD Platinum was around $7.5k so I would imagine the original MSRP on this car was probably in the low to mid 50's and now with 17k miles is around half that original sticker.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I appreciate everyone's help and feedback. , as I'm trying to absorb all the info I can about P3's. I believe Wayne is also correct in stating that the 2015.5 RD's did all come with the P* tune standard as every one I've seen does have the smaller P* badge. I actually did email the PO about the car and he did get back to me. It's possible he did have a Stage II tune on it at one point, but he said when he sold it, it just had the P* tune and the turboback exhaust. I did some more checking with the VIN and it appears the original MSRP was right around $46K.

Either way, granted everything goes smoothly, the car should be mine within a week or two. Let's keep those fingers crossed.

·
Registered
7,307 Posts
I appreciate everyone's help and feedback. , as I'm trying to absorb all the info I can about P3's. I believe Wayne is also correct in stating that the 2015.5 RD's did all come with the P* tune standard as every one I've seen does have the smaller P* badge. I actually did email the PO about the car and he did get back to me. It's possible he did have a Stage II tune on it at one point, but he said when he sold it, it just had the P* tune and the turboback exhaust. I did some more checking with the VIN and it appears the original MSRP was right around $46K.

Either way, granted everything goes smoothly, the car should be mine within a week or two. Let's keep those fingers crossed.
$46K would have likely been MSRP before options - that car was easily $50k once all was said and done.

·
Registered
13,966 Posts
$46K would have likely been MSRP before options - that car was easily $50k once all was said and done.
That's right. If you checked all the boxes for an RD back in the day you could get it up to around $52-53k.

·
Registered
7,307 Posts
That's right. If you checked all the boxes for an RD back in the day you could get it up to around $52-53k.
Yeah, and that one looks maxed out - heated rear seats and steering wheel. :thumbup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts