SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched this forum as well as the internet and I couldn't find any instructions for an easy way to retrieve something stuck under the rear seat of my XC60. My 2 year old son accidently dropped a ball the size of a marble in the hole of one of the lower child seat anchor so now I hear it rolling around every time I turn the car. I was hoping there was an easy way to access it without removing the entire rear seat. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

White Car Vehicle Automotive design Fixture

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
I searched this forum as well as the internet and I couldn't find any instructions for an easy way to retrieve something stuck under the rear seat of my XC60. My 2 year old son accidently dropped a ball the size of a marble in the hole of one of the lower child seat anchor so now I hear it rolling around every time I turn the car. I was hoping there was an easy way to access it without removing the entire rear seat. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

View attachment 134461
Have you tried a shop vac?

Nora in Florida
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,813 Posts
The seat cushion is very easy to remove. Open the door and pull up on the side of the cushion and look under there. You'll see a black plastic button you press in with a screwdriver to release the cushion. Then it just pulls up. Do both sides if you need to take the whole cushion out.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The seat cushion is very easy to remove. Open the door and pull up on the side of the cushion and look under there. You'll see a black plastic button you press in with a screwdriver to release the cushion. Then it just pulls up. Do both sides if you need to take the whole cushion out.
Thanks for the instructions. It was very easy to remove the seat cushion to find the little ball lost under the seat. Hope this info comes in handy for others in the future.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I'm curious, when the seats are removed, do the upper part of the seat lay completly flat when lowered?

·
Registered
514 Posts
The real question is what else did you find under there? I'm guessing: $.31, four Cheerios, one lego mini-fig, and for some reason Larry Seller's homework.

• Haha
Reactions: robogar
1 - 6 of 6 Posts