SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,
Took wheels off over the weekend and painted them...Had car on jack stands. Put wheels back on and car won't move forward or reverse......any ideas?

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Do you have spacers by any chance?
If you do, you may have forgotten to put one back on and the extended lugs may be rubbing your hub.

How do I know this? Experience :facepalm:

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Did you have the parking brake on?
This ^^^ plus if you washed your car right before you did this, your ebrakes are temporarily "stuck".

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
Yep, sounds like classic ebrake pads sticking. If it's the case, you don't want to drive the car after unsticking them until the pads are replaced.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
BINGO!

If you do, you may have forgotten to put one back on and the extended lugs may be rubbing your hub.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts

This is why I love this forum! It can be SO helpful at times. Even if it's only to point out something simple, we all miss things from time to time. :thumbup: :beer:

·
Registered
5,846 Posts
Good thing you didn't just keep trying to get it to move. That would of been one big mess.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What's funny is my wife came down to the garage...at 10:30 pm...and said what the hell are you doing? I was rocking the car in neutral trying to get it to budge.

Jumped on the forum, and thankfully, someone responded quickly!

Good thing you didn't just keep trying to get it to move. That would of been one big mess.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Fixing stupid mistakes is the best and worst feeling. I end up so pleased that an issue is solved, but embarrassed and silly for causing it in the first place.

My personal experience, next time you suddenly have poor FM reception after working on your stereo, don't trace the cable all the back to the antenna before checking that it's actually plugged into the stereo. Makes a world of difference!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
Fixing stupid mistakes is the best and worst feeling. I end up so pleased that an issue is solved, but embarrassed and silly for causing it in the first place.

My personal experience, next time you suddenly have poor FM reception after working on your stereo, don't trace the cable all the back to the antenna before checking that it's actually plugged into the stereo. Makes a world of difference!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts