SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This only happens when its cold out side. For some reason it seams like the car dosnt vent the gas tank. when I open the gas cap I hear air either getting sucked in or out of the tank not sure on that one. then when I pump gas I have to pump it really really slow. Ive tried pulling the nosel out a little dosnt help if i pump to fast gas comes out and sprays on me.

Is there a easy fix for this. I thinking i have to pull the tank down to get it fix

·
Registered
392 Posts
perhaps try turning the gas fill nozzle 90 degrees in addition to slight withdraw and pumping slowly. I notice this slow fill or shut off at some stations but not others

·
Registered
200 Posts
If you are one of those people who continue pumping gas after the pump shuts off the first time,

then I'd say you've totally buggered the vapor recovery system.

else ...

If you have read your owner's manual ( that says: never do that, you jerk ) then I'd check the vent line that goes to the activated carbon canister, and check the canister itself.

The gas tank vents to this canister -- clearly you have a plug somewhere -- could be the vent line is crushed, or the vac line from the canister has a leak, or the canister has water (ice).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts