SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2007 Volvo v70 FWD. I put bc racing coilovers on it. I already knew that there were no camber plates for the rear. But I thought it was not going to be very severe wear on the tires. I went to go get an alignment today and, maybe there were just trying to scare me, but they said I’m going to go through tires if I don’t do something about the rear camber. They said there must be some lower control arm that has camber adjustment. But I’ve looked and can’t find anything. I’m assuming I’m stuck? If anyone has any insight on this that would amazing.

Thanks,
Caleb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17,710 Posts
There isn't. IPDs bushings fail quickly.

How much camber are you running?

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There isn't. IPDs bushings fail quickly.

How much camber are you running?
They didn’t say. I personally don’t think it’s very much.

·
Registered
17,710 Posts
They didn’t say. I personally don’t think it’s very much.

Post your alignment sheet

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Post your alignment sheet
They didn’t give me one....all they did was inspect it to see if it was something they wanted to mess with. If I wanted them to fix the ride height to make it even all the way around and also do an alignment, would have been $600. Didn’t think a Honda dealer was that expensive!

·
Registered
17,710 Posts
They didn’t give me one....all they did was inspect it to see if it was something they wanted to mess with. If I wanted them to fix the ride height to make it even all the way around and also do an alignment, would have been $600. Didn’t think a Honda dealer was that expensive!

Damn. Take it to Volvo?

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Damn. Take it to Volvo?
Well I don’t have one in town. Over an hour away. Maybe I’ll try and see if my teacher at school will let me do it on the lift. Or I’ll ask someone if they want to make some money lol. How fast do you think my tires will wear? I probably have -4 or -5 degrees max. Maybe less.

·
Registered
17,710 Posts
Well I don’t have one in town. Over an hour away. Maybe I’ll try and see if my teacher at school will let me do it on the lift. Or I’ll ask someone if they want to make some money lol. How fast do you think my tires will wear? I probably have -4 or -5 degrees max. Maybe less.

Is it toe or camber?

I'm at about a degree and a half negative camber in the rear and haven't seen any signs of unusual wear yet. However my toe bars were upgraded to adjustable and it has very little toe.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Is it toe or camber?

I'm at about a degree and a half negative camber in the rear and haven't seen any signs of unusual wear yet. However my toe bars were upgraded to adjustable and it has very little toe.
They kept saying camber. And I knew they didn’t make camber plates. But I wondering if I’d even notice my tires wearing weird. I just want to make sure everything is aligned before I put my pilot super sports on for the summer.

·
Registered
245 Posts
You should be fine. My V70 on stock suspension has a decent amount of rear camber and it's fine. It's a FWD car, so rear camber is a good thing, helps with grip in corners. If you had 0° of rear camber I suspect that the outside of the tires would wear aggressively. But I'm not an expert. Take a picture with the bottom of your phone parallel to the ground (touching the ground), so we can get an accurate representation of how much camber it has.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17,710 Posts
They kept saying camber. And I knew they didn’t make camber plates. But I wondering if I’d even notice my tires wearing weird. I just want to make sure everything is aligned before I put my pilot super sports on for the summer.

measure it?

How low is it? I dont think they actully knew what they were talking about.

·
Registered
449 Posts
On my accord, I had it on air suspension and when aired to decent driving height it was about -1.4° in the rear and I drove a lot and never noticed any unusual wear on my tires. Post up your alignment sheet if you have it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
measure it?

How low is it? I dont think they actully knew what they were talking about.
I just slapped my coilovers on how they came out of the box. I can take a picture though if that helps. Drivers side is lower than the passenger side (can see the difference on the rear more

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You should be fine. My V70 on stock suspension has a decent amount of rear camber and it's fine. It's a FWD car, so rear camber is a good thing, helps with grip in corners. If you had 0° of rear camber I suspect that the outside of the tires would wear aggressively. But I'm not an expert. Take a picture with the bottom of your phone parallel to the ground (touching the ground), so we can get an accurate representation of how much camber it has.

Maybe one of these angels?

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
On my accord, I had it on air suspension and when aired to decent driving height it was about -1.4° in the rear and I drove a lot and never noticed any unusual wear on my tires. Post up your alignment sheet if you have it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
They never gave me one. I called and asked and they didn’t save it because they didn’t do an alignment. They only put it on the rack to check how off it was.

·
Registered
17,710 Posts
Looks fine. Go look at pics of my 03 during december rear end work session and it looks a tad more cambered in.

Unless really excessive rear camber wont kill the tires, but toe wear will. Have it aligned with the summer wheels on too.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Yep, exactly that angle. Camber looks fine, my car has alot more camber. You can check your toe with 2 boards and 2 tape measures though. Maybe they were talking about toe? If you end up measuring the toe it should be around 0 to 1/8 inch toe in. (Front tape measure is 1/8 inch shorter than back tape measure)

·
Registered
17,710 Posts
Yep, exactly that angle. Camber looks fine, my car has alot more camber. You can check your toe with 2 boards and 2 tape measures though. Maybe they were talking about toe? If you end up measuring the toe it should be around 0 to 1/8 inch toe in. (Front tape measure is 1/8 inch shorter than back tape measure)

P2 you want zero rear toe to negate the side hop caused by major toe in with suspension deflection over bumps ect.

·
Registered
245 Posts
P2 you want zero rear toe to negate the side hop caused by major toe in with suspension deflection over bumps ect.
Yes, my bad, I was thinking of the toe for a RWD car.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I’ve had good luck with IPD’s rear trailing arm replacements. Installing them on 3 P2 platforms have corrected both toe and camber issues without using their off center camber bushings. They are a bit overpriced but are good quality and make the cars feel more stable thru the twistys.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts