SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone

We have a 2015.5 XC70 that is our second Volvo station wagon. We are on a long (6000 mile) road trip and the radio died with 1300 miles on the odometer.

The infotainment display works fine, I can tune stations, use the navigation but there is absolutely no sound coming from the sound system either for playing music (media, bluetooth, sirius, radio etc) or the navigation guidance. The voice commands are not heard either.

When I turn the volume knob or use the steering wheel controls, nothing happens, that is, the volume control on the display does not pop up.

Rest of the car is running OK.

Has anyone heard of this before? Is there a fix that I can do on the road. Nearest VOLVO dealer is about 300 miles away and their service department is closed on Saturday.

We shut off the car and locked it multiple times. This did not help. All hear is a slight pop from the audio system when the radio tries to turn on.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Bora

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Replying to my own post. I pulled the 40A circuit breaker at fuse position 1 under the glove box. Waited a few minutes then inserted the fuse back in.

Radio has sound now, the nav seems to be working, but Volvo On Call is down.

Hopefully that will take care of itself today. Since I don't use it often enough, I can wait to get that fixed.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts