1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
8,061 Posts
I'm pretty sure your mechanic is wrong about a $150 RF axle, unless he means he just plans on rebuilding yours for that kind of money or its a refurbished one from someone else.

If its just a bad boot and it hasn't been driven too long with it then I say rebuilding your old shaft would be the cheapest route.

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Also keep in mind the $800 for the manual axle is because they are rarer than unicorns. The GT axle is not as expensive.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Do not use an aftermarket axle. I went this route and the axle shaft where it entered the trans was actually just slightly smaller allowing for a slight leak of trans fluid. Also the axle snapped in half at the joint after only 2k miles.

If you don't want to buy a new oem axle the next option is find a decent condition used one from a part out, etc..

From my electronic gismo- Galaxy S6

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, that's what I was afraid of. I have now got a used original one from the wrecking yard. Should arrive today.

·
Registered
6,606 Posts
Do not use an aftermarket axle. I went this route and the axle shaft where it entered the trans was actually just slightly smaller allowing for a slight leak of trans fluid. Also the axle snapped in half at the joint after only 2k miles.

If you don't want to buy a new oem axle the next option is find a decent condition used one from a part out, etc..

From my electronic gismo- Galaxy S6
Yeah. Bought a driver one aftermarket... wasn't the same length... Not good.

Here's new from EEuroparts:

http://www.eeuroparts.com/Parts/65433/Axle-Assembly-Front-Passenger-Side-Manual-Trans-8252051/

1 - 6 of 6 Posts