SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
Does anyone have a cam gear lock tool they would like to sell, rent, barter, etc? I had to change the cam seal on the VVT exhaust cam on my 99 XC. I tried to make a tool out of angle steel but it just bends the steel as I tighten so it looks like I need the factory tool to re-torque the VVT gear to 89 FT/Lbs.

Thank you!

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
i heard the one on ebay works fine, you can use that then sell it in the classified section or to me :p

·
Registered
113 Posts
I bought the IPD one, which I never used. I just paid to have the tbelt done after thinking I was going to do it myself. Make me an offer, and lets make a deal.

Shaun.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
The eBay cam tool set is rentable, read the fine print. They charge $60 and you can keep it for a couple months I believe. Really good quality tool set.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info guys. The IPD cam lock tool is not for VVT cam gears according to their info.

Burnt out, I don't see the rentable version of the cam lock tool I need on Ebay. Could you send me a link? I see the alignments tool kits but none have the expandable gear lock tool I am looking for.

Thanks!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think I may have answered my own question. It looks as thought the camshaft alignment tool can also handle holding the VVT gear in place as I torque the gear to 89 ft/lbs? This is the first ive had to do a VVT cam seal in all the various Volvo head jobs. I still can't beleive there is no keyway set up for the VVT gear, arrrggg!

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Here you go!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/380422749039

And yes, it is quite frustrating. You need to read the Volvo service manual instructions EXACTLY as they are written. If you follow each step perfectly, everything works itself out. I do not have the link to these on hand, but it's out there.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I might need one

1 - 10 of 10 Posts