SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently did a muffler delete on my 2019 S60, but noticed that when the valve was closed, i had a pretty bad drone at 2k-2.7k rpms, but sounds fine in Polestar mode with the valve open, anyone do any tinkering with the valve/ find any solutions to keep it open?

·
Registered
473 Posts
I had really bad droning with a muffler delete. Had to install a glass pack after the resonator to cut it out

Sent from my KB2005 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Recently did a muffler delete on my 2019 S60, but noticed that when the valve was closed, i had a pretty bad drone at 2k-2.7k rpms, but sounds fine in Polestar mode with the valve open, anyone do any tinkering with the valve/ find any solutions to keep it open?
How did you perform a muffler delete when the valve is after the muffler? Did you replace the muffler with a pipe and connect the valve to it

or

do you mean you delete the silencer some call it resonator on you car and you still have the muffler?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
I have mine unplugged for almost a year - no check engine light.

Good to know, thank you!

(I don’t have one unfortunately but good to know)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
473 Posts
Think I posted this picture of my exhaust setup a year ago with the stock resonator, glass pack and 3" piping

·
Registered
473 Posts
It unplugs right at the valve. You should zip tie the slack wire loom and connector to the exhaust hanger instead of letting it dangle

·
Registered
33 Posts
It unplugs right at the valve. You should zip tie the slack wire loom and connector to the exhaust hanger instead of letting it dangle

Awesome! Thanks! I will use MCM zip ties to make me feel cool. lol

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Think I posted this picture of my exhaust setup a year ago with the stock resonator, glass pack and 3" piping

Yep,

Im not liking the drone at 2-2.5k rpm, did the glass pack fix that for you? which one did you get?

·
Registered
473 Posts
There are very few aftermarket exhaust that would fit inline. The one I used is the Flowmaster FlowFX

·
Registered
33 Posts
There are very few aftermarket exhaust that would fit inline. The one I used is the Flowmaster FlowFX

That sounds good! I unplugged the flap the other day, 30 seconds to do it and it gives that nice sound all the time. I kind of want a bit more now.....

·
Registered
83 Posts
I just backed the connector out a bit until it no longer made contact. Left it in the hole to keep debris and corrosion from the contacts. Plus, it's easier to plug back in if I ever want to. Been that way for almost a year now. No obvious issues.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I was asked by someone for pics of the exhaust valve connector. I thought I would share them here in case anyone else was interested.

The first pic is the bottom side of the module. The second the top side with the connector backed out of the socket.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
468 Posts
Thanks for sharing... I will try that on my S90 and will see how it sounds.

Sent from my YAL-L21 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 21 Posts