SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,<br>I was reading the owner's manual and it says not to wash the car in an automatic car wash for the first six months. I live in vegas and there are three options:Bay style(uses a nasty brush), the kind with the rotating wheels, and touchless. Since the first two are out of the question, anyone ever have problems with touchless? Oh yeah, I live in an apartment so no way to do it myself.<p>Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Might be better to do touchless then<br>do people there not do it on the roads or anything?<p>The reason as most will tell you is the rotating brush ones can scratch the car. They are getting much better now days but stones and what not can be picked up as they go round the dirtier cars and then scratch the cleaner ones<p>Ive had it done to my previous car so I would not do it again

·
Registered
694 Posts
Re: Need a wash? (zact5)

Don't the apartments offer a space? I thought most do. <p>Anyway, I understand though. I get lazy sometimes and bring it in to a hand wash place, but sometimes I do it myself.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Re: Need a wash? (zact5)

the thing you have to be careful with touchless car wash is the high pressure water. the high pressure water can actually dig and scratch dirt on your car across the paint. if your car is really dirty i do not suggest taking it into any automatic car wash. you need to wash the car yourself with a nice wash mitt. i quick detail my car every 2-3 days, and then when i do plan on taking it into the touchless car wash, I quick dust my car while i'm pumping gas so that i dont have to worry about the high pressure water digging dirt into my car paint.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts