SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2006 v70r 138k, Sold : 2004 s60r, 1999 s70T5
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cant figure out where this wiring harness is supposed to fit. Could someone take a picture let me see....THANK YOU!!
The area is the passenger side firewall, in the engine compartment. The wiring harness is circled.....where the hell does it go??

·
Registered
829 Posts
Can't see the pic, but I assume its the plastic piece that is meant to clip onto the strut tower brace. There is a little hole that it clips into.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can't see the pic, but I assume its the plastic piece that is meant to clip onto the strut tower brace. There is a little hole that it clips into.
Yes, thats the one...it has like a hammer head at the top of the piece.....so the cut out at the bottom of the piece attaches/loops to one of the hard metal lines?

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
On my 2004 the bottom does not attaches to anything. It's only the top that attaches to over the engine support bracket (the bracket between the support and the strut tower). If yours is not attached it may be that the fork at the top of the plastic harness support is broken. If the top is like a hammer instead like a F it means it is broken. I have the part number at home if you need it. It was hard to find the P/N but easy to order after that.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
On my 2004 the bottom does not attaches to anything. It's only the top that attaches to over the engine support bracket (the bracket between the support and the strut tower). If yours is not attached it may be that the fork at the top of the plastic harness support is broken. If the top is like a hammer instead like a F it means it is broken. I have the part number at home if you need it. It was hard to find the P/N but easy to order after that.
Yes, it is shaped like an F.... i will tie wrap it...any chance you have a pic?

·
Registered
829 Posts
Someone else had made a thread about this a couple days ago

Saw this thing (green) dangling around behind the engine today whilst cleaning the "biological rubbish" out of the plastic that the windshield wipers are mounted through.

after some investigation of my own I have concluded that it connects to the mount for the upper engine mount bar (Item "A"):

Can anyone confirm/deny this?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
I cant figure out where this wiring harness is supposed to fit. Could someone take a picture let me see....THANK YOU!!
The area is the passenger side firewall, in the engine compartment. The wiring harness is circled.....where the hell does it go??
It clips the the inner fender just below with engine mount cross bar. It's your front, right 4C connector.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts