SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
check out my signature for the list of mods i currently have.
This last June, i was getting ready to load a Rica tune and it was cut short because i had to have the long block replaced. The car is now running superb with the new motor.

now, after having the motor replaced i'm worried about loading the stage2 tune for fear of cracking a sleeve. or even busting the angle gear. (no leaks right now, knock on wood)

i'm running a solid 14-15psi WOT in 3rd and 4th so it feels like i'm at a very solid Stage 0. the only thing i'm missing is an FMIC. at this point, i'm stopping at stage 2 so any additional mods are going to be centered around durability and longevity.

should i consider the FMIC a performance add-on or something to add longevity to the motor when coupled with a stage 2?

should i just say WTF and load it? :eek:

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Sachio

I have had the Rica Stage II on my V and have had no probs. I even have gone past the stage to 304 WHP no probs. A few codes mainly P0101 but the car is running fine. I did a track day at Sears Point with the RICA tune with no prob. I do tend to only run 100 octane or a 80/20 mix. Not FMIC, but when temps are high I run 100% 100 octane.

I do have a FMIC ready to be installed just need to find a local and the time. I can tell you driving from Sonoma to the south Bay. With 90+ temps the car looses a bit of punch on 91 octane. When I get into the city and 280 the pep is back and the AIT is only 20F more than ambient. Above 85F the AI temp start to really rise.

·
Registered
11,628 Posts
Most definitely do a FMIC both for longevity and performance. Cooler IAT's are always a good thing for a motor. As for the RICA stage II, I'd do it in a heart beat. It's a great tune.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Watch out, Dr. Brutal is going to criticize you to no end for not going all out and going for durability. I know by experience.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Most definitely do a FMIC both for longevity and performance. Cooler IAT's are always a good thing for a motor. As for the RICA stage II, I'd do it in a heart beat. It's a great tune.
Okay, so i'm going to load the tune this coming weekend. if i know i'm going to be heading into the central valley in +90 degree weather i can load the stock tune back on just to be safe. when i get caught up on paying for this new motor, i'll install a FMIC. I work in SF and live nearby and it's rare that i see temps climb past 80F.

it still freaks me out tho....it was not pleasant losing the R

1 - 6 of 6 Posts