SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have a recommendation for a supplier in the Peninsula or SF area? or would you all recommend going with a dealer/OEM?
i know there is an issue with re-using the rain sensor. if i provided a new one, would an aftermarket work okay?

thanks!

·
Registered
11,628 Posts
OEM is super expensive where as aftermarket is a fraction of the cost. I put an aftermarket windshield in my XC and its been perfect. I don't know of any shops in your area only a shop up here in Santa Rosa that did the work for me.

I've heard of some people having troubles with the Rain Sensor and other who have not had problems. I'd bring it to the shops attention and see what they say.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The windshield i have now is aftermarket, the PO put it in. the rain sensor works, but not great. i have a feeling it should work better or rather more consistently. under some conditions it works great, others, not so great.
the windshield now is so pitted from Hwy 101...drives me nuts. i don't think i can fork over the $700 for an OEM, so i'll ask my shop about an aftermarket source.

thanks for the response!

·
Registered
11,628 Posts
I think I paid like $160 for my aftermarket windshield and that included installation. And yep $700-$800 is what they told me for OEM.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts