SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ARG, was doing my HID froglamps and noticed my end links wet and folled it all the way up to the top...leaking 4c front strut.

now for the fronts to get over hauled. rock auto is at $545.72 shipped. anyone know where to get a set cheaper?

·
Registered
63,543 Posts
You would think all this #(*$^*(#&^()*$^* was the end of the world.
It's only a damn shock
Go buy one from www.tascaparts.com at a reasonable price.

Rock Auto also sells these fairly cheap (cheaper than Tasca) but they leave out a part (I forget which one) that you need to swap over)

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You would think all this #(*$^*(#&^()*$^* was the end of the world.
It's only a damn shock
Go buy one from www.tascaparts.com at a reasonable price.

Rock Auto also sells these fairly cheap (cheaper than Tasca) but they leave out a part (I forget which one) that you need to swap over)
not the end of the world jim, the price of $545.72 was shipped in for the pair. just throws a wrench in my plans. was not planning to do the front yet, but if it needs it..it will get it. along with xc strut mounts and bearings too

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
That's a pretty damn good price for the pair. And it makes a huge difference. So where did you end up ordering from?

Btw, might as well do spring seat and strut bearing while at it. Or you will have to go back in before too long anyway when they fail.

·
Registered
753 Posts
You can buy it from Monroe brand instead of Volvo brand.
I think it costs about $200 each.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Do a search; many people including myself have purchased them from Rockauto with good results, cheapest around

·
Registered
67 Posts
You can buy it from Monroe brand instead of Volvo brand.
I think it costs about $200 each.
$200 !!?? They are 500$ each here, ( 1 CAD=0.99 USD ) and they come with a lifetime warranty. Best trick is to change one side front and rear, wait 6 months or so, than bring in the other side as a "failed part" for a brand new one for free! The parts are exactly the same except the sticker, that is why you have to remove the volvo sticker and just tell the guy at the auto part store "The sticker fell off, who cares if it said volvo or monroe" I'll be doing the left side shocks soon :)

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
$200 !!?? They are 500$ each here, ( 1 CAD=0.99 USD ) and they come with a lifetime warranty. Best trick is to change one side front and rear, wait 6 months or so, than bring in the other side as a "failed part" for a brand new one for free! The parts are exactly the same except the sticker, that is why you have to remove the volvo sticker and just tell the guy at the auto part store "The sticker fell off, who cares if it said volvo or monroe" I'll be doing the left side shocks soon :)
what you said is wrong, very very wrong on so many levels. I cant believe you would actually post something like that and be ok with it.

I am not going to take your bad advice. I will just purchase a new set from rock auto. thanks

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Agreed

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ordered a pair from rock auto for

$287.79 each x 2 = $575.58
- 5% discount $28.79
+ shipping $8

grand total of $543 and change shipped to me!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts