SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last friday when I came home I was taking things out of the car and forgot to lock it. Half-hour later while I'm cooking in the kitchen, my phone tells me I have a notification. Turns out it was Volvo-on-Call that was letting me know that the car was unlocked. Tapping the notification took me to the "Locks and Doors" part allowing me to remotely lock it.

That was by-far the most useful part of VoC. I don't know if everyone here knew about this particular feature, but if not, now you do :)

·
Registered
48 Posts
That was the only thing I found useful during my 6 mos trial period too. However, I might benefit from this only few time a year as I habitually lock the car when parked. This alone does not justify the cost of $$$ subscription fee. Plus, you can not lock the car with key fob left in the car so remote unlock is even useless.

All other features are pretty much useless in my opinion especially the engine remote start. (car shuts off when doors are opened and my car is always parked in a garage on my way to work and home when I do need the feature. I don't want to smell the exhaust gas.) I can really careless about Find my car & Driving/Gauge stats. Send to car (address for GPS) never worked for me.

·
Registered
785 Posts
For me one of the best VOC features is the send to car function. You can search for a location on your phone and send it to the cars nav system. Works really well.

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
For me one of the best VOC features is the send to car function. You can search for a location on your phone and send it to the cars nav system. Works really well.
I, totally, agree. It works all the time for me. However, one of the best examples was a couple of months ago; during the weekend, my wife was driving my car and I was at home; she called me up and asked me (while she was driving on the freeway) to look up an address as she had a last-minute change of plans due to a phone call she received while driving. She asked me if I could look up the address and she would try to input it via voice or eventually pull over somewhere and do it manually.

I told her "no need; I will SEND IT to the car". I took my phone, opened up the VoC, typed in the address on the map, I hit "send to car" and voila! Less than 60 seconds later, the address popped up on her Nav screen even though she was driving in a place more than 30 miles away. She accepted it and she was on her way to her new destination. To me, that was worth having the VoC app. She could not believe that I did this sitting at home while she was traveling 65mph, 30+ miles away from home. :cool:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts