SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Driving down a road that was previously regognized by the Nav yesterday and for some reason it didn't show it. Thought it was weird. After driving a few k's in no-mans land it thought I was on another road and even when I turned it still kept me on this "other" road. I ended up in the middle of Lake Ontario half way to Buffalo. <p>This morning, same thing. But it fixed itself after a few kilometers. Anyone else's Navigation lose its mind?

·
Registered
8,273 Posts
It probably lost a sat and usually GPS systems are slower to refresh when they lose satellites.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Re: Navigation Lost its Bearings (rodlentino)

If it did loose the GPS fix, I find it best to stop the car. A moving object is harder to get a fix on that a car that is parked.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Re: Navigation Lost its Bearings (rodlentino)

I have had similar experiences with the nav unit in my V50 after my car was taken (without my consent) to an automatic car wash. Few S40/V50s are equipped with nav, so I searched Swedespeed for an answer in the other model forums. IIRC, there was a TNN for the XC90 nav unit that involves a water leak at the antenna that causes the problem. My dealer could not replicate the problem and since the TNN was for the XC90 only, he could not apply the same fix. Next time it happens, I'll rush the car back to the dealer before the offending H2O has dried out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts