SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday my navigation system got very confused. It suddenly thought I was in a field and travelled randomly along, bearing no relation to where I actually was. I’d say it was about 20 miles off course!

I stopped and restarted the car a few times (including overnight) but it didn’t reset the system.

Has anyone had a similar experience and what did it take to fix it?

·
Registered
6,915 Posts
Yesterday my navigation system got very confused. It suddenly thought I was in a field and travelled randomly along, bearing no relation to where I actually was. I’d say it was about 20 miles off course!

I stopped and restarted the car a few times (including overnight) but it didn’t reset the system.

Has anyone had a similar experience and what did it take to fix it?
Read about this in XC90 sub forum. Time to get total software update, should be free with this issue.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Has a similar situation last year. My navi was off about 700 kms...in other part of Europe :D. Restarted it a few times and everything. Left the car overnight, and ot was ok. How, and why I do not know. Took it to the dealer afterwards, they said they knew what the issue was, flashed and updated my software and that was that. Never happened again.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
442 Posts
That happened on our XC90 MY16. Fixt with an update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
95 Posts
When I first got my 2018 from the dealer it constantly thought I was in Connecticut (I’m in Denver, dealer was in Connecticut). Not horrible, but when I tried to use it to navigate around Denver it would always add a waypoint either in South Dakota or Idaho. I could not delete the waypoint. Needless to say I wasn’t really looking to add 1000 miles to my trip across town. After I programmed the home location it stopped (the home location was I programmed before). It was going to be one of my “Help me love my Volvo” topics but it resolved itself (loving the Volvo now by the way - a lot of that comes from answers I’ve gotten either directly from this forum or from searching it)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts