SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received my first free map update for the Nav system and decided to just pop it in the other night. After finally figuring out there was no disc already installed in the DVD deck I popped in the disc and after a couple quick mins of loading and a progress bar I'm greeted with...

Estimated install time 180 mins!

Good news is you can pause it and still use the Nav and it automatically pauses and resumes when you turn-off or start the car.
Unfortunately for me I only have a fast 5 mile commute to work and unless I go on a road trip somewhere it is going to take several days for me to finish this

·
Registered
649 Posts
When I updated mine last fall, it took more like 80-90 minutes even though the display said 160 minutes. I ran it with the ignition in the first position, so the draw on the battery wasn't too bad (lights and most everything is off). I just left it and came back a bit over an hour later and it was done.

I received an email stating that I am supposed to receive an update soon, the second and last one under the "free" update program; will report back.

Here's a link to an earlier discussion: http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?164660-08-gt-Nav-update-disc...

·
Registered
105 Posts
How do you find the POIs to be? Mine border on useless.

When I picked up my '08 I bought the new maps and discovered that the DVD was broken. They replaced it with a 2012 unit and said that had newer software than the DVD. (Luckily Navteq let me return the DVD).

Anyway, it pretty much never finds any POI of stores I put in. So without an exact address most of the time, I find it pretty much useless.

·
Registered
649 Posts
I've had mixed results with the POIs. But, the real-time traffic definitely is nice.

I got my update dvd this morning and ran the update. It took almost exactly two hours, even though it said that it would take 180 minutes. I left the car with the ignition on the first position "I" and the battery seems fine.

Now that I have the 2012 update DVD in my car, I'm thinking of selling the 2011 DVD that I got last year (and had to remove in order to put in the 2012 DVD). Has anyone done this? I'm assuming the 2011 DVD can be used to update a 2010 or older system, right?

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Now that I have the 2012 update DVD in my car, I'm thinking of selling the 2011 DVD that I got last year (and had to remove in order to put in the 2012 DVD). Has anyone done this? I'm assuming the 2011 DVD can be used to update a 2010 or older system, right?
I tried to install the update before DW went on a trip Saturday. Unfortunately, Friday night driving only used up 20 minutes or so! Good news was that DW's trip included well over two hours on the Interstate and, sure enough, the total update time was right at three hours!(Glad she knew where she was going :) ).

I'll get a review tomorrow when she returns and I'll have a bit of time in the C70.

I left the case in the vehicle, but the compatible vehicles are listed on the back, IIRC. Should be worth a few bucks to SOMEbody, I reckon(although, with the limited 'improvement' I saw with that disc, I'd likely just give it to someone who could use it.).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts