SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK my Nav system gets lost on some days, then is exactly, perfectly right other days. One day this week I received 0-1 satellites while on a stretch of highway, today got 5-6-7 on the same road. <p>Already had the receiver replaced in the rear-roof, what next? The box under the drivers seat? Is it just the DVD player (which seems to be working fine) or is there a CPU in there?<p>Thanks...

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Re: Nav system gets lost (rfkuehn)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>rfkuehn</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The box under the drivers seat? Is it just the DVD player (which seems to be working fine) or is there a CPU in there?</TD></TR></TABLE><br>The "box" under the drivers seat is the controller for the Navigation system. Yes, there is a computer in there.

·
Super Moderator
9,305 Posts
Re: Nav system gets lost (avolvofan)

Yes, that's the nav system, but it's very unlikly to need replacement. Did you have the shielding fix applied to the antennas? That has fixed most folks' similar problems.<p>Tom.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes the tape is on there. Its really strange, works fine for 3-4 days then craps out for 3-4 days. Over and over...<p>What exactly is the tape 'shielding' the receiver from? AM/FM? Cellphone towers? Etc...

·
Registered
79 Posts
Re: (rfkuehn)

I'm going through the exact same thing right now. My dealer is replacing components one by one until we can figure out what's malfunctioning. They have replaced the antenna array and some other wiring harness. So far it still acts up -- although not consistently.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yesterday morning I was receiving 6-7-8 satellites. On the way home, dropped to 0 and the GPS got lost.<p>What's the next step on yours?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Re: (rfkuehn)

Another antenna/receiver I believe. Apparently there are two and they only replaced one. I'll get out the service records and tell you exactly what they say...

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That would be terrific, thanks very much.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ceguru, any more clues in those service records...? Thanks again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts